Cooling down the PRP seats

• The PRP seats are cooler when setting in the sun, so you don’t burn yourself after it sets for a couple of hours. I did notice that on a 90+ degree day there is more sweating from the back than on the stock seats. I read where someone had used these beads on a stock seat. On the PRP seats they look much better and allows ventilation on these hot Florida days. Available at Amazon Comfort Products 60-2930 Wood Beaded Seat Cushion List $19.49 Prime $13.51 free shipping by Comfort Products

• yeah - I added the same type of beads and mentioned in another post it was the best $17 mod I made. It does seem to allow some air around your back.

When m y wife saw it she said - "yeah, just like we had in the old VW Beatle when I was a kid"

• I ordered my PRP SS seats with suede and cloth for that reason but will pay the price if and when they get wet
    and trying to dry them and foam will rot and smell sooner .
    So price to pay no matter what direction you take.
    But I sat in Suede seats in Lotus and they were so comfortable and your butt did not slide and felt so good.
    So taking chance on keeping them dry and being comfortable..

• I ordered my PRP SS seats with suede and cloth for that reason but will pay the price if and when they get wet
    and trying to dry them and foam will rot and smell sooner .
    So price to pay no matter what direction you take.
    But I sat in Suede seats in Lotus and they were so comfortable and your butt did not slide and felt so good.
    So taking chance on keeping them dry and being comfortable..

I seen on another thread that someone had suede seats and they "Scotch Guarded" the suede portion.
    I'm eagerly awaiting my PRP seats and they will have a seude seat and back and side bolsters. So I'm gonna try the scotch guard thing when they arrive. I also ordered the seat protectors for when out but not driving, so unless I'm caught driving in a torential down pour I'm hoping the suede will be ok.

• When I get seats I may either get water proof covers made or go to auto store or jeep shop and just buy
    cheaper covers for rain use.
    I am sure I can spray something to help but suede and cloth will never repel water .
    You either cover or do not drive in rain.
    I know I was told by someone who had suede it took a long time to get dry for days and the foam
    stayed wet longer because of suede holding water .
    But sure is comfortable in warmer and cold climate conditions.
    But when wet YUK!