heat Management kit

• Has anyone with the kit to fix the heat have alpha skid plate. did you have to modify? to me it looks like the shroud wound be blocked with the skid plate and would need modification. Who's done this?

Thanks
    Jay

• I have the Alpha skid plate I bought for my '15 that I totalled. I have a '16.5 now, the heat shroud behind the radiator does direct air straight down between radiator and engine. As you suspect, the skid plate needs to be cut out where that deflected air is being discharged. I have not done it yet, but cutting a rectangle into the plate is on my to-do list. :)

• Thanks @WOLF That's what i thought went down jefferson yesterday and by the time i got back it was hot inside even with the baker wings blowing air in. so fiqured to see if anyone has done it and any other issues before i jump in and do it.

• I have the Alpha skid plate I bought for my '15 that I totalled. I have a '16.5 now, the heat shroud behind the radiator does direct air straight down between radiator and engine. As you suspect, the skid plate needs to be cut out where that deflected air is being discharged. I have not done it yet, but cutting a rectangle into the plate is on my to-do list. :)

Troy from Alpha put the radiator shroud on mine and I too have the skid plate. My feet did not fry which is so nice! I did notice once I got home driving around town the temp readout seemed to be higher than normal...one of my local buddies thought it might have something to do with the skid plate and shroud...sooooo I do think altering the skid plate would be helpful...now just where to alter.....?

• Troy from Alpha put the radiator shroud on mine and I too have the skid plate. My feet did not fry which is so nice! I did notice once I got home driving around town the temp readout seemed to be higher than normal...one of my local buddies thought it might have something to do with the skid plate and shroud...sooooo I do think altering the skid plate would be helpful...now just where to alter.....?

I would have thought that @Turbosling and crew would know to cut that section out. The plate is solid across the whole bottom. Have you looked under there to see if they opened the section right behind the radiator? With the shroud behind the radiator that air is routed to flow down. With no hole the size of the shroud exit in the skid plate there is no real flow through the radiator.

• I would have thought that @Turbosling and crew would know to cut that section out. The plate is solid across the whole bottom. Have you looked under there to see if they opened the section right behind the radiator? With the shroud behind the radiator that air is routed to flow down. With no hole the size of the shroud exit in the skid plate there is no real flow through the radiator.

We put it on in MV...I will check it out....he may have done it when I wasn't looking...if not I will do it...just need to know where....please

• @DKF Texas I guess I didn't look close enough at the shroud. I thought it came all the way down to the bottom of the frame.
    I took this pic, you can see it ends right above the circles. That 4" gap should allow plenty of air flow. Alpha probably didn't open a hole, though it may help a little it's not necessary. My apologies to @Turbosling for questioning the Master.

• @DKF Texas I guess I didn't look close enough at the shroud. I thought it came all the way down to the bottom of the frame.
    I took this pic, you can see it ends right above the circles. That 4" gap should allow plenty of air flow. Alpha probably didn't open a hole, though it may help a little it's not necessary. My apologies to @Turbosling for questioning the Master.

Wolf from everything I know of you, there isn't a mean spirited bone in your body my friend!