PCM Engine code P0606

• I bought a new 2019 SL in April of this year. When it was delivered would not start . So pushed it in garage . Thought it was a low battery from siting on lot. Made sure it was charged and all was fine. Got a cold spell then problem started. You turn key on and fuel pump pulsates and no start. After a couple tries it will start but no pedal response .So shut it off and restart again and all is fine. Check engine will go away after a couple key cycles .Dealer could not get me in of course even on a new purchase with less then 500 miles. So had appointment . But before the app it warmed up and problem went away. Pissed off I canceled app thought it was ok. Well its cold again and garage not heated yet its doing same thing. But even worse. Now I couldn't get it started with out pulling 10amp ECM Fuse. Witch killed pump pulsate then reinstalled fuse and cycled key and started and got same code.

• I have put 98,000+ miles on my Slingshot and never have had that type of problem. Had a battery go down and needed charged or changed but other than that always starts on the first try. Have you talked to your dealer about the problem. Just don't know of anyone having the problem.

• I googled “p0606 code” & read a few articles, recommend OP do the same. Most common cause is a bad ECM but can also be caused by a bad ground, frayed/damaged wiring or sometimes a reflash or software update will fix it. You definitely need a Polaris dealer to hook up Digital Wrench & see what’s going on...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I have put 98,000+ miles on my Slingshot and never have had that type of problem. Had a battery go down and needed charged or changed but other than that always starts on the first try. Have you talked to your dealer about the problem. Just don't know of anyone having the problem.

I did talk to dealer when it first happened . It stopped acting up before they could get me in. I'm guessing because it warmed up. They claimed they talked to Polaris about it and had no answers.

• I googled “p0606 code” & read a few articles, recommend OP do the same. Most common cause is a bad ECM but can also be caused by a bad ground, frayed/damaged wiring or sometimes a reflash or software update will fix it. You definitely need a Polaris dealer to hook up Digital Wrench & see what’s going on...

I have done some sniffing on Google . I do wonder about grounds and it being a temp related problem it seems. As far as a dealer goes that's a pain in the ass but I'm probably going to have to do that. It is under warranty.

• Well checked every ground wire I could see.Check and made sure battery terminals are clean and tight. Going to get threw are last warm spell and call dealer. I'm sure it won't act up when its 70 this weekend.