CarCovers.com - Platinum Shield Trike Motorcycle Cover For 2019 Polaris Slingshot Grand Touring

• I ordered this cover from CarCovers.com since it was listed as a suitable cover for the 2019 Polaris Grand Touring model which includes the Slingshade and I felt it would be the best fit for my 2015 Slingshot with a Twist Dynamics Canvas Top. The specific cover I bought was CarCovers' Platinum Shield Trike Motorcycle Cover For 2019 Polaris Slingshot Grand Touring - https://www.carcovers.com/cove…ike-motorcycle-cover.html, which includes a full description of the cover. When it arrived, I found they had thrown in some microfiber towels and a cable and lock to secure the cover to my Slingshot (both of which were listed as extra cost items). The description was a generic listing for a car cover and mentioned CarCovers provides an antenna patch kit so an antenna hole can be custom placed to accommodate an antenna, but such an antenna kit was not included with my cover. I don't have an antenna hooked up right now, but if I ever should use an external antenna that sticks up above the general Slingshot/TD Top outlines, I will contact CarCovers about the antenna patch kit. The cover is made from what looks to be aluminized (for UV protection) woven polyester cloth with a fleece lining, although, in my opinion the lining doesn't remind me much of fleece, but more of a non-plush towel I would have been issued in a public school gym or in the Army. As CarCovers states in their description, they do not offer mirror extension covers since they feel those are the first thing to wear out. Overall, the cover seems to have been designed to fit the lines of a Slingshot w/Top, presumably the Slingshade, but it seems to fit OK with my TD Top w/o a lot of extraneous material that might be prsent if the cover were originally designed for a conventional car with a regular car trunk. I feel this cover will work as a cover for a Slingshot that is exposed to the elements, but I don't feel the fit is streamlined enough nor is it padded enough to try using it as a trailering cover. A few months ago, Polaris listed a cover for the Slingshade should e available around October, but that cover is not currently listed on the Polaris website. The earlier listing I saw did not specify if the Slingshade cover was also usable as a trailering cover, but it wouldn't make sense for Polaris to offer a trailering cover for the non-Slingshade-equipped Slingshots, but not also offer a trailering cover for the Slingshade-equipped Slingshots, so hopefully we will still see a trailering cover that fits Slingshots with both the Slingshade and aftermarket tops.

I have attached pics of the CarCovers' cover on my Slingshot.

Overall, not a bad cover for around $140.

• Took the CarCover cover off the Slingshot today and discovered two things.

Amazingly, and a first for me, the cover actually fit back in the carry bag! I rolled it forward to just above the widest area of the hood and then folded the front portion back onto the rolled section. I then folded the outer edges in to the center before folding in half again. I then squeezed the air out and was shocked to find it easily fit in the carry bag, something that has never happened with any other cover for any other vehicle I've had.

I also learned the "fleece" lining on the underside of the cover is soft enough to pick up paw prints where a large cat or racoon crawled on the cover., or maybe my Slingshot has way too much dirt on it. I know it needs a good washing. :/