ZZP is the worst! Everyone needs to read this before spending any money with them.

• What does it matter if a boost controller was installed if it’s not on? And even if it was apparently it won’t do anything with our ecu. And everything was looked over and everything was installed correctly. So now we understand I’m running spring pressure and it blew, it’s still on the stage 1 spring. Everyone keeps going back to the first motor and wants me to look stupid. At this point yes it blew up I’m an idiot I put chocolate milk in my gas tank for more boost🙄

I’m more concerned with the garbage motor that left your shop. Also if it was installed wrong I’m sure I would have been told it was by DDMWORKS

Conflicting information? What’s conflicting with bolts falling off? You never once contacted me until I posted on Facebook and you still never contacted me directly. Even in Maggie Kyle said he was sorry for all the issue but at the end of the day you're the boss.

I asked for a check?? Really I asked for help covering some of the expense and would be willing to sign a NDA. This wasYou offered no help so yea, spending over 10k with you was like pissing it away and I was desperate. I’m picking up extra work so I don’t have to dig into my savings to cover all the fixes I have to make because of your company.

Simply put yes you told me you would fix my sling if I sent it to you at MY cost. Tell me how is this doing any favor to me? I have to pay to send my sling to you so you can torque down the motor and retune it? I shouldn’t have to , why would anyone want to spend more money with a company when the work was so horrible.

And the only bill I sent you was the last stop at DDMWORKS. I was there because it skipped timing due to the timing chain tensioner not being torqued down. You didn’t offer to cover anything. You actually implied they touched my motor then I had “catastrophic issues” Your the one who forgot a bolt in one of my timing guides and what about all the damn slack in the timing chain.

I didn’t send you the bill for fixing the tune. And I still have to pull your motor because of piston clearance issues. Let me guess you slapped a piston on the rod didn’t measure Anything and just slapped it in?

At the end of the day I was sent a very sorry excuse for a built motor and even after spending over 10k with you, you offered to cover $0 of the expense that got me back on the road because it went to DDM.

You should have reached out to Dave seen what was going on. He has videos and proof and been like yea this is wrong and we will cover part of this or whatever. Not he’s on the other side of the US, screw him. We are a small community with a short list of vendors it’s not like I’m asking for a handout I’m asking for things to be fixed correctly. Work together!

• I'm with you brother, I really am and I'm sorry this happened to you, no one should have to go through this. I guess here is how I see this as a 3rd party looking in. You bought a lot of shit from ZZP, paid a lot of money for it, and in the end had someone else install it, which is fine because I would have too, but sadly you are always rolling the dice when you do it. Now, ZZP offered to fix it all, which they should have 100%, but I personally agree they shouldn't have had to pay for you to ship it to them, if you had had the turbo installed by them, then by all means, they should pay for the shipping. Based on what you said and what zooomer said, it sounds like zzp did try to rectify the problem and you chose to got to DDM, which in all honesty, I would have too if I had your issues. This doesn't explain the problems people have been having with their ZZP turbos and motors. I hope when you get yours back, its runs like the devil!! Good luck!!

• Zooomer,

Thank you for providing this post. My best friend and I run a Slingshot podcast and I think this may be a topic of interest to our listeners. Id like to ask for clarification on one of the things you just said, you said "It's important for people to know that they are taking responsibility for the build when they hire someone else to do the install and use parts we don't sell." and I agree they should, but my question is this, can you reasonably expect people who live thousands of miles from your shop to travel to you to have the install done? Furthermore, isn't it also reasonable to believe that nearly all of our customers will have a reputable mechanic install this kit? I truly believe you offer great customer service, but in all honesty there has been some concerns in the SS community with this product, whether its caused by something they did or a defect in your product, one can never be really sure. I for one, thank you for standing up and responding to this post in a professional manner.

I think the bigger part of the statement is "and use parts we dont sell"

I think if I buy a kit and then have it professionally installed going 100% by the instructions and and 100% using the parts specified in the kit instructions then I have a right to expect the kit manufacture to stand behind and take responsibility when things go wrong - - - on the other hand if I decide to start replacing kit components and parts with other parts that are not specified and did not come with the kit then I am on my own when things go wrong.

As a side note with a mod this substantial I think I actually would drive to ZZP or DDM and have them install it - - - its a long way to either from CA, but the peace of mind I would have knowing it was installed properly would make it worth it

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I think the bigger part of the statement is "and use parts we dont sell"

I think if I buy a kit and then have it professionally installed going 100% by the instructions and and 100% using the parts specified in the kit instructions then I have a right to expect the kit manufacture to stand behind and take responsibility when things go wrong - - - on the other hand if I decide to start replacing kit components and parts with other parts that are not specified and did not come with the kit then I am on my own when things go wrong.

As a side note with a mod this substantial I think I actually would drive to ZZP or DDM and have them install it - - - its a long way to either from CA, but the peace of mind I would have knowing it was installed properly would make it worth it

I agree for the most part, but the cost of driving across the country towing a SS can be costly and time consuming. It appears ZZP did try to rectify the problem, but the OP chose to go to another shop and I cant blame him, he just have to incur the cost of doing so.

• I'm with you brother, I really am and I'm sorry this happened to you, no one should have to go through this. I guess here is how I see this as a 3rd party looking in. You bought a lot of shit from ZZP, paid a lot of money for it, and in the end had someone else install it, which is fine because I would have too, but sadly you are always rolling the dice when you do it. Now, ZZP offered to fix it all, which they should have 100%, but I personally agree they shouldn't have had to pay for you to ship it to them, if you had had the turbo installed by them, then by all means, they should pay for the shipping. Based on what you said and what zooomer said, it sounds like zzp did try to rectify the problem and you chose to got to DDM, which in all honesty, I would have too if I had your issues. This doesn't explain the problems people have been having with their ZZP turbos and motors. I hope when you get yours back, its runs like the devil!! Good luck!!

The turbo is still on my sling and the same guy installed it twice. I’m sure if it was installed wrong Dave would have noticed. I mean it’s still running on it right now. My biggest concern is the built motor not the turbo kit. Forget the turbo and concentrate on the motor they had a 4 year old build. I’m upset my 1st motor went but shit happens. I’m all about this garbage I got sent called a forged Long block.

• The turbo is still on my sling and the same guy installed it twice. I’m sure if it was installed wrong Dave would have noticed. I mean it’s still running on it right now. My biggest concern is the built motor not the turbo kit. Forget the turbo and concentrate on the motor they had a 4 year old build. I’m upset my 1st motor went but shit happens. I’m all about this garbage I got sent called a forged Long block.

And I would too. I dont know enough about motors to be able to know what kind of condition (within reason) a long block should be, but wasn't your mechanic able to evaluate the engine prior to re installation?

• And I would too. I dont know enough about motors to be able to know what kind of condition (within reason) a long block should be, but wasn't your mechanic able to evaluate the engine prior to re installation?

a long block is a complete engine with the head attached to it so you just swap it in. That’s why I bought it like this.

• And I would too. I dont know enough about motors to be able to know what kind of condition (within reason) a long block should be, but wasn't your mechanic able to evaluate the engine prior to re installation?

This motor is basically supposed to be brand new with stronger internal parts.

• This is important for people to

Zooomer,

Thank you for providing this post. My best friend and I run a Slingshot podcast and I think this may be a topic of interest to our listeners. Id like to ask for clarification on one of the things you just said, you said "It's important for people to know that they are taking responsibility for the build when they hire someone else to do the install and use parts we don't sell." and I agree they should, but my question is this, can you reasonably expect people who live thousands of miles from your shop to travel to you to have the install done? Furthermore, isn't it also reasonable to believe that nearly all of our customers will have a reputable mechanic install this kit? I truly believe you offer great customer service, but in all honesty there has been some concerns in the SS community with this product, whether its caused by something they did or a defect in your product, one can never be really sure. I for one, thank you for standing up and responding to this post in a professional manner.

Excellent question and super important for those thinking of having work done to understand. This is why I like these failures public and people posting experiences good and bad.

ZZP Brand parts come with a 2 year warranty. That warranty covers parts. If you buy a turbo kit and install it or pay someone else to install it, we cover the turbo kit itself. We don't cover your install or your engine. If you change our kit (in this case installing your own boost controller), the kit is still covered. If the turbo bearing went out, as example, it's still under warranty.

If you bring us parts to install that aren't ours or some are, some aren't; we guarantee our work, not the results. If we screwed something up, we stand behind our work but we don't buy you new parts. So if we're installing someone else's turbo kit, we don't know what power it will make and if the turbo goes out or the motor blows up, that is going to be out of our control and your liability.

If you buy parts from us and do the install yourself (same as having your nascar 100yr certified ASE mechanic install) we stand behind the parts, not the results or the install. If you buy pistons and something goes wrong, our warranty ends at making sure the pistons weren't defective and replacing them if they are. We're not going to buy you a new block if the piston fails. We're not going to come pickup the pistons or pay shipping to return them. If you buy a motor from us and there is a problem, you have a few remedies but they all start with contacting us. Now let's say the problems appear beyond a simple fix. 1. You pull the motor and ship it back. We'll determine cause of failure. If you received a motor missing a head gasket (as example) we're going to step in and cover a lot of expenses. If the motor smokes and we find the installer hooked up PCV wrong, you're coving all the expenses. If there is an unknown issues (most commonly the case & determined by us, not the customer) then you can return the motor or send us the vehicle. Sending the vehicle is sometimes the best option because we'll handle labor (assuming it's our motor and not the install that's bad). You'll also end up with a new warranty coving parts and labor even tho you didn't pay any labor. If you remove and ship us the motor we'll determine failure when here. The type of failure will determine whether shipping is covered. Wear out failure, we do not cover any shipping. Receipt of a bad motor on start, we cover. We do not and will not make this determination before having the motor back in our possession. We won't argue or comment because a customer is 'certain' they know what happened. It always has to be in our possession before we pay for anything or promise to cover.

For the highest level of security there is only one way to guarantee a result. Have us sell you the parts and do the labor. This isn't ideal for many far away but it's the only way we can guarantee results and take care of you completely when there's a problem. If you bring us your slingshot, have us install a turbo kit, pull out of the parking lot, floor it and it explodes, we're there. If you buy pistons, we install them, the motor smokes, we handle it.

In the end, it can be summed up like this. We cover what we charged for. If we didn't charge you for something, we're not going to assume liability for it. We don't entertain comments like 'i did everything right' because it largely doesn't matter. If YOU did it, YOU are assuming liability. If WE did it WE are assuming liability. Regardless of it being done right or wrong. What you'll find out in the wild is that most companies do not have the level of service and warranty we have. This is why we have higher customer retention rates than nearly any similar company (per Shopify & PayPal). Some customers have unrealistic expectations and that's unfortunate but that is why threads like this are important.

• ????????

You built the new motor we didn’t build it. You didn't torque bolts down. You forgot to install bolts. There is still has piston clearance. Didn’t use GM timing components or lifters cams have scoring marks.

STOP talking about the turbo, forget about it I get it’s junk we are talking about the forged long block I got from you.

Where is the warranty for my motor you guys built it from top to bottom!!

You keep talking about the first damn motor I’m talking about the one that I bought from you that still has piston clearance issues!

• You charged me for a motor that still isn’t right and keep avoiding it. You can talk about your customer service all you want and how how good your warranty is but in reality it’s shit!

How about a refund and I’ll have DDMWORKS ship you this pos back and have them build me a motor they will stand behind.

• Again, thank you for your response. What you said makes plenty of sense, but I am slightly puzzled about one last thing. You attributed the OPS failure to a different boost controller, which may certainly have been the problem, but you didn't address the issues that the long block had upon receipt from the OP. The OP is claiming that bolts were missing and or never torqued and the internals were a mess. What would cause this and what can be done in the future to ensure this doesn't happen again?

• Again, thank you for your response. What you said makes plenty of sense, but I am slightly puzzled about one last thing. You attributed the OPS failure to a different boost controller, which may certainly have been the problem, but you didn't address the issues that the long block had upon receipt from the OP. The OP is claiming that bolts were missing and or never torqued and the internals were a mess. What would cause this and what can be done in the future to ensure this doesn't happen again?

I’m running spring pressure the boost controller isn’t on. Second he doesn’t know my boost controller did it. I mean if it’s not on how could it🙄. He’s just pulling out guesses not facts.

• I’m running spring pressure the boost controller isn’t on. Second he doesn’t know my boost controller did it. I mean if it’s not on how could it🙄. He’s just pulling out guesses not facts.

You are correct, the problem is no one knows if it did or didn't. My point is I'd like him to address the bigger issues of the new motor and why it was like that.

• So - from what Zooomer said if the motor was bad when you received it you could have sent it back and if they determined it was bad they would have paid shipping and made it good

So this raises the question - - did you ship it back so they could determine if you were correct?

If not, why not?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Specifically to the motor.
    -The motor is covered under warranty for 2 years when we sell it. If there are/were problems, the motor has to come back at the customer's expense. We do not entertain customer diagnosis of what's wrong. In this case, customer is claiming many issues. Motor has to come back to determine what did or didn't happen. End of story, period, no exceptions ever.

-Customer said he wanted DDM to fix issues he said he had with the motor. We asked him to send us the vehicle and he refused. DDM 'fixed' the engine. They claimed something to do with the timing set being aftermarket. All our engines are like this, we disputed this was the issue. Customer was certain (then and now) he knew what the problem was. He paid DDM close to 2k to fix it. After he claimed there are other problems with the motor. The problem now is that it's a motor DD did 2k of work on and customer is saying there are loose bolts. He said there were loose bolts prior to DDM? if so, why weren't they addressed in the fix? If there were other problems, why weren't they addressed? Customer asked us to pay the DDM bill and claims that after repair the motor is still bad. You can't have it both ways. If you pay a shop to open your motor, it's your liability and our warranty is largely done. I told the customer this would happen, he proceeded to do things his own way but now wants us to be liable for his choices. That's why this is good to be public. Customers need to learn that if you open your motor or have someone else do work on it, it's no longer under warranty from ZZP. This is no different than any motor in any car sold by anyone.