• At the time I think technology and war were just at a point that a clash that horrible was possible. I doubt we will ever see a human to human battle like that again. Those men possessed a courage and drive that made it possible for me to be as soft as I am now. It's too much to even try to wrap this pea brain around.

• At the time I think technology and war were just at a point that a clash that horrible was possible. I doubt we will ever see a human to human battle like that again. Those men possessed a courage and drive that made it possible for me to be as soft as I am now. It's too much to even try to wrap this pea brain around.

My father was an officer on an LCI (Landing Craft Infantry) boat that landed troops on Omaha Beach. Dad said very little about June 6, 1944. I can understand him not wanting to relive the sights he saw over and over again.

I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.

• My father was an officer on an LCI (Landing Craft Infantry) boat that landed troops on Omaha Beach. Dad said very little about June 6, 1944. I can understand him not wanting to relive the sights he saw over and over again.

My father was a tanker who landed the day after..Same in that he rarely talked about any of it. Got shot up and captured at battle of St. Lo and spent rest of war as POW.