JL speakers don't fit anything, need a solution

• I have the SSV Works kickpods and had basic marine 6.5" speakers in there that were fine. I just upgraded to JL speakers that I bought from a friend who is putting competition speakers in his slingshot. They are nicer speakers and sound great.

But the screw hole placement on the JLs are weird. They don't really fit the pod (the hole is just about too big - we did drill screwholes for the JL but they are half into the hole so they would be barely in there.

Also... the JLs are smaller in circumference and the previously drilled holes show.

I ordered spacers which I thought would cover the holes and at the same time allow for more secure attachment of the JLs. When they came... same thing. The JL screwholes are odd and will not work with the spacers. The spacers don't cover the screw holes. I researched a bunch of other spacers and they all seem to have the same circumference for 6.5" speakers.

Now what. Any thoughts before I head down to the local audio place to see if they can make something? Sheesh all I wanted was upgraded speakers, and it turns into this. But that's the norm for me.

Thanks!