Porsche Taycan EV test drive

• https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/…che-taycan-ev-range-test/

Okay, first of all, I didn't get to drive the $170K Porche Taycan Turbo - CNet did. But the results were very interesting.

EPA rates the Taycan at 200 miles range, the author said he got between 240 and 260 traveling on I-5 from LA to San Francisco over the Tejon pass even. Author also said that he had no problem with charging up in avg of 30 minutes from ~25% to full - California's EV charging infrastructure is more built out than other states, but still - it gives everyone else a mark to shoot for.

Cost of Electric go juice was a significantly higher: $185 round trip compared to another car getting around 24 mph which cost $138 (33% higher 'fuel' cost.) Factor in the higher cost for fueling (33% more) and the higher sticker price (I'd say EV's *start* at 10K more than ICE vehicles, but the nicer ones are MUCH more), and I think you see why EV's aren't exactly taking off like rockets. (Tesla excepted)

If more companies like Honda, GM, Ford, etc. get on the bandwagon and start producing in volume, these might take off. If not, you have what you have now - a novelty car, good for status (depending on your social group), but no better than an ICE vehicle, and usually lots more expensive. That's not a terrible thing, just makes EV's an "enthusiast's vehicle", not a volk's fahrzeug. (people's car)

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.