New 5G "Cyber Tire" technology

• https://www.motorauthority.com…rs-of-slippery-conditions

This article describes a IoT tire connected by 5G wireless to a wider motoring infrastructure system. Perelli's idea is that if your car slips on snow, ice, wet leaves, or hydroplanes - the connected tire tells the system "Hey! I'm losing traction here!" and the the system tells other cars to compensate.

I read this as "the internet takes control of your car's speed, steering, braking, transmission, etc." If you hate traction control, you're gonna LOVE this! Not to mention other little problems like maybe a hacker takes control of the traffic control system for mass murder on the freeway (no need for a gun or a bomb). Maybe robber hackers bring traffic to a stop & unlock all the doors so they can heist everyone's cash & goods. Maybe a hacker traffic jam - hey LA, pay the ransom or all your freeways are 5 mph zones! Great job, Perelli, I hope you waste a billion or two on this horrible thing and no one buys it!

But this COULD feed the hooligan hiding inside every Slingshot rider... just shread a little rubber and every car behind you has to slow down for the "slippery conditions"! 🤩

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

Edited once, last by Doc&Ruby ().

• I will never ride a horse again because there are two different brains involved..... I wanted to ride the horse, he didn’t want me to....that’s where the conflict started. He tried to knock me off under a low branch....then he broke for the open field at full gallop ....with me barely hanging on

just what I need tires with brains.... 3-4 different brains......plus my superior brain...no thanks....

if you get into a slippery spot in the highway and ten other cars are too....which way is everyone going to go at the exact same moment? With 40 different tires in control...trying to decipher tiny traction differences. Sounds like a cluster wreck....