Fixes for my sling at Dealer....what to ask for?

• Hello all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I have been seeing comments within numerous posts of people getting various fixes, computer updates, recall repairs, etc. by their dealer for their slings with most under warranty, etc.

Is there a special handshake, wink, etc. I need to do with my dealer to get them to update my sling with all of the latest updates, recall repairs, computer updates, etc.?

Thanks!

• Welcome to the forum and glad to see you came out to join us. First off, any recalls for your slingshot will get done by your dealer without you having to ask as they are "rated" on the percentage of recalls completed on their prior units sold (that are on the list). You can check any recalls that pertain to your slingshot by typing in your vin at this site: https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/
    As far as getting the latest computer software fix, that too is easy to have done. Once your dealer hooks up your slingshot to their digital wrench, it shows any updates that pertain to it and will do those for you at no cost to you. As far as getting any "fixes" by your dealer under warranty, you will need to show them that there is a problem with yours. It's not going to get repaired if you tell them that it's a common problem and you just want new parts if the original parts are still working properly. I hope this helps you. if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask and I'm sure most of us will chime in and help.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Just check with your dealer and make sure he has most recent updates to Polaris Digital Wrench software. I believe last updates were in April. That said, the 2 most utilized are for rev hang & idle dropoff problem put out last summer and the newer one for steering put out in April. No rush if you're not having either issue.

• Number of items that need to be addressed depends on model year. Besides the ECU flash I need to get mine in the the headlight fix as well. I did receive communication directly from Polaris about this one. Am sure there are others so as stated have your dealer run the VIN and see what comes up specific to yours.

• I stop by my local dealer about once a week. Look at new stuff I want shoot the shit with the sales guys etc etc. But I will go in the service side and just ask and they'll look up my vin and then look in there files for NY updates or team tips. No hand shakes or secret words. I remember 1 week my hood pads weren't under warranty for the new hood bumpers but later that week my sales men called me and said now they were and come down and have them installed it only takes like 10 minutes.