Difference in model years.

• I have been asked this question, what is the difference between the model years? 2015, 2016, 2016.5 2017, and 2018? I have heard that the 2018s are supposed to have a lighter frame? Can any Gurus help me on this?

• The Slingshot has been at a maximum weight limit since day one...if they do some thing that adds pounds on one side they must remove pounds from the other side....New top means take some weight off the bottom...

Like:
    Smaller battery
    Redesigned hood
    Redesigned front fenders
    Redesigned seats
    Different wheels
    and supposedly yes, redesigned frame

What have I miss?

Bill

• I'd still like to know the source (US State, Federal or other entity regulation) of the mythical/mystical magic weight limit that Polaris has supposedly designed the Slingshot to meet. Polaris has clearly been striving to stay within a certain weight limit, yet repeated Google searches over the past couple years have failed to find this magic standard Polaris is following.

• My take is that I cannot imagine why Polaris would apparently be keeping to such a tight weight limit unless there was a major compelling reason, what ever it is.

The bottom line is obvious, however, and that is that the 2015 is undeniably the best model year for the SlingShot because Polaris has been sacrificing quality for weight every subsequent model! :thumbsup:
    Bill

• I was told by the parts manager at the dealership I purchased my Slingshot at that certain states regulate weight. Can't exceed a certain weight and still be classified as a motorcycle. Not sure if that is true, but you are right. They sure stick to a "magical" weight #.

CDCAMEL6