Maintenance Help – How to Lubricate the Control Cables?

• In the SS owners manual, on the Periodic Maintenance Chart, it indicates at every 10K miles to “Lubricate as Directed” the Control Cables.

Can someone with a Service Manual assist and provide some Guidance? I.E. which Control Cables, and Where and How to Lubricate ?

Thanks in advance (PS - I apologize if this has already been covered & I missed it. The search function pulled up only one relevant hit but it contained no helpful info)

• I just did a word search in my service manual and control cables doesn't come up...I looked in the periodic maintenance chart and there is nothing about control cables...

Could they mean gas pedal cable. Don't know if we have one. E brake cable?

How about hood latch cables...

• Thanks for checking your service manual. Curious that this is listed in the Periodic Maintenance Chart in the 2015 Owners Manual (see attached) , but is not mentioned in the SS service manual? (Note the page prior in the owners manual states the "L" indicates: "Lubricate as Directed". Directed where I wonder?)

I had similar thoughts on what cables this might cover:
    - Hood latch cables
    - E Brake (Parking brake) cable
    - Brake cable going to rear brake
    - are there gas pedal or clutch cables?

Guess I'll ask this question at my Polaris Dealer service department and see what they can tell me

• Ebrake & hood latch cables are all there are...

(Clutch is activated via hydraulics & throttle is electronic, using a throttle position sensor - aka "fly by wire")

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Thanks Tripod

So for the recommended maintenance: "Lubricate as Directed" on the Control Cables, I suspect its not trying to lubricate the actual cables inside their sleeves, but perhaps lubrication of the pivot points of the mechanisms the cables are attached to?