Electrical question - rotary switch for headlights?

• I also like this option...

Now THAT'S old skool! :D:thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

• I also like this option...

My first assignment in the US Army was at the US Army Security Agency Field Station Berlin and we used patch cords similar to the ones pictured. The area I worked in had 180 2-channel tape recorders, each using two patch cables to route info to the recorder, so we needed a lot of them and they reportedly cost $100+ each (in 1970s Dollars). There were several other sections who also used a large number of those patch cords. To pass time, we would sometimes use those patch cords to see who could tie the most knots in a patch cord using one hand to "flick" the patch cord (hold in one hand and snap the cord in such a way that the other tip would recoil and tie itself into a knot). I don't remember the exact record, but I think it was somewhere between 4 - 6 knots in a 3 ft cord. After one or two knots in a cord, it got increasingly difficult to make anymore knots. Unfortunately, that practice also caused the patch cords to develop shorts and we were forcefully reminded NOT to do that!
    Shenanigans aside, I would have gladly stayed there forever. My Wife was in the US Air Force at the time and worked at a different site, but both of us felt the work we were doing was important, challenging and fulfilling and we both missed the work after we moved to new assignments. The experience we gained there enabled us to get some really interesting jobs later.