At the home stretch!

• Ladies and Gentleman, once again, I need your expert guidance.

AMP INSTALL FOR 6 Speakers.

I have everything wired up except for the amp and I ran into some questions that I hope someone can answer.

I have 6 speakers (2 front kick pods, 2 Butt Pods and 2 rear hoop pods).

I have two amps (a 4 channel and a 2 channel) and an aftermarket head unit with preamp RCA's out.

Since I thought it best to put the two front pods on the 2 channel amp (as I have done in the past with no issue) that would leave me with the 4 speakers on the rear with the 4 channel amp.

Problem is I have no EFFN idea on how to do it since I only have one set of RCA's coming out of the aftermarket head unit. And of course, the amp I bought seems funky. I was thinking of getting splitters, but honestly have no clue.

I am hoping that by me posting the pictures of the equipment, someone could make heads or tails with it and walk me through it....
    Any help is appreciated!!
    The small silver one I have used before and figured out that I would put the fronts out of the head unit to the front input on the amp and leave the rear alone.... (again, who knows...).

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• What is messing me up is that each one of the RCA's say a channel next under it as if it was taking both the + and the -.

Would my answer be as simple as getting two Y splitters and making the one white 2 and the one red two and plugging them into each "Channel"? I hate being so dumb.... :)

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Info

• You should be able to use a pair of splitters to get 4 inputs for your 4 ch amp.

Connect the head unit to the amps as follows -
    Front Left (white) to Left channel (white) of 2 ch amp (channel 1)
    Front Right (red) to Right channel (red) of 2 ch amp (channel 2)
    Rear Left (white) to splitter which connects to 4 ch amp on channels 1 & 3 (white)
    Rear Right (red) to splitter #2 which connects to 4 ch amp on channels 2 & 4 (red)

This should keep the left channels on the left speakers and the right channels on the right speakers.

If your head unit has a fader to adjust the front vs rear volumes, using the fader is the easiest method to make the rear speakers match the volume of the front speakers. If your head unit lacks a fader, then you can try to adjust the gain (level) on at least one of the amps as the splitters supplying the rear 4 channel amp will produce a weaker signal since the splitter will feed 2 channels from one input. The 2 ch amp will have a stronger input signal since it's not split and will need to be operated at a lower volume if you want all 6 channels to sound the same volume. Assuming at least one of your amps has a level or gain adjustment, you'll need adjust that amp to have it match the output power of the other amp by increasing or decreasing the gain. Unfortunately, if neither amp has a level/gain adjustment, then you may be stuck with a sound imbalance.

Good luck. Hopefully I was awake enough to keep everything straight. :D