ECU Update vs. airfilter/exhaust

• So I have a '15 SL with a Codeman exhaust and a K&N air filter. My dealer, Malcolm Smith in Riverside, CA, did an ECU update and my idle still hangs and drops down very slowly. I returned and was told that, per Polaris, I should replace the airfilter with a stock one and remove the aftermarket exhaust and it should be fine. The Service Manager stated that our computer won't even compensate for a "change in the airfilter" and that I should seek an aftermarket re-boot if I want to keep the setup that I have currently. I also mentioned that my u-joint on the "prop assembly" needed frequent greasing and was told that it's a "known problem" and to keep greasing it.

I can only offer my personal experience ....

After an Alpha CAI, 1320 header, and Alpha side exhaust my '15 SL ran great with the latest Polaris updates.. no rev hang anywhere...steady idle ..and much better throttle response...

I had always intended to get Bob's tune but it ran so nice with the modifications and updated factory settings that I put it off a while longer ... I can tell you it runs even better after Bob's tune and I would highly recommend it however if your dealer already has a problem with a few aftermarket bolt ons and actually believes the BS he is feeding you ....... he will probably dismiss you completely if you go with an aftermarket tune ...

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......