Weird Engine Dying but able to restart? Suggestions or anyone else?

• All,

Looking for some suggestions or if anyone else had this issue. I tried a search but can't pin down the correct search terms to get the right responses.

So once last year (thought it was a once off at the time) and now 3 time in the last week (new season up here in NH) my 2020 R Autostick (~9,500 miles) will be coming to a stop or slowing down for a turn and it completely dies. Not like a lumpy idle or stall, but DEAD. I get a brake failure light and the center stack is all still powered. Plenty of juice. Pressing the start stop does nothing, but the dash says to engage the emergency brake like it's looking for a restart.

I pull the E-brake, I take my foot off the pedals. Shut it down and then depress foot brake for normal start up. Since it's been running, I get the green light on the start/stop button and presto starts right back up.

This happened twice last night, and I was with a passenger so now it's a safety issue and I'm done.

Electrical looks good (14.3-14.5V), I would assume it's not fuel (these aren't carburetors where a tight turn may expose something in a float bowl), and it starts right back up. Totally baffled. I thought I remember a posting last year about a similar issue but can't remember.

The real kicker is it starts right back up and seems to run fine throughout the RPM range...my fear is computer....

NOTE: 100% stock so theoretically no electrical gremlins in the wiring and no custom tunes or work under the hood....

Anybody see this? I'm out of warranty so just trying to get an idea of the pain before I drop it off with the dealer.

Thanks in advance

Jeff

• Sounds similiar, but not quite exact, to what Scanman and I are experiencing. See the My Slingshot Just Died thread.

In my case, I'm pretty sure it's something electrical with the breakers in the fuse box. But because they keep resetting themselves, I can't track it down. I just know to pull the breakers (and ECM cables) and reset and it will start up again. In all my cases however, it always happens while actually driving (50+ mph), not when coming to a stop/idle. I've had it happen at least 4 separate times now.