Slingshots in the Smokies 2024

• One day hope to be able to get down for the event.

Love to have ya down for a visit. If ya own a Sling ya gotta do it at least once !! Really good mountain roads to ride all around Maggie Valley - some of the best are not the popular tourist rides I never knew about until I lived here.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• May be an image of 1 person, motorcycle, road and text

Killboy.com

· Spread the word, and keep in mind that this will be Mon-Thurs during daytime only.

We just got word from TDOT Today:

"We held a preconstruction conference with the contractor today on the referenced [Hwy 129 Repave] project. They provided us with an estimated start date of the 1st week of May. They did mention this date is their goal but it could push out by a week or so. Right now their plan is to pave and perform necessary lane closure activities during daylight hours Mondays through Thursdays beginning in the southbound direction towards the North Carolina state line. Our contract stipulates that once the work affecting traffic begins, it must be completed within 35 calendar days. So ideally the paving will be complete sometime in mid to late June.

If you could please spread the word on your end for drivers during this time period to expect single lane closures that would be great. There will be advanced warning messages as well as officers with flashing lights to assist with the traffic control operations."

• Oh MAN that’s a bummer for sure. I know a couple of guys that know a few more other routes can help me out!

Since I will be driving from Fort Worth, I hope that doesn’t stop us.

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Oh MAN that’s a bummer for sure. I know a couple of guys that know a few more other routes can help me out!

Since I will be driving from Fort Worth, I hope that doesn’t stop us.

Wait a minute, think I got wrong month. I am just excited about going to Maggie this year.

That might be good to have a new surface to ride on.
    I still know a few people that can share other roads if 129 is not ready .

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Riding the Tail of the Dragon is usually a pain in the butt. Lots of traffic always getting behind someone barely doing the speed limit. If you never rode it before ya gotta do it once - after that there are much better rides with little to no traffic. The Rattler is a good one for everybody but EjFord :00008172:

• Riding the Tail of the Dragon is usually a pain in the butt. Lots of traffic always getting behind someone barely doing the speed limit. If you never rode it before ya gotta do it once - after that there are much better rides with little to no traffic. The Rattler is a good one for everybody but EjFord :00008172:

Wasn't that 2 years ago he had that incident? That was our first time there and he took me for a ride to show off the baker wind wings. If my memory serves me correctly he didn't tell me about it till after our quick ride.:/ I remember him telling me about this amazing guy that helped him straighten things out......8)

We did the rattler I think the next day.:thumbsup:

• Wasn't that 2 years ago he had that incident? That was our first time there and he took me for a ride to show off the baker wind wings. If my memory serves me correctly he didn't tell me about it till after our quick ride.:/ I remember him telling me about this amazing guy that helped him straighten things out......8)

We did the rattler I think the next day.:thumbsup:

There are still some 'brown' spots on the seats....

• There are still some 'brown' spots on the seats....

I never noticed getting in? 😉 So ready for this event. We've been out a few times this year already, but definitely ready for a change of view. We're planning on the whole event this year. Even starting our trip that way a day earlier than expected now we're heading out on Monday. Meeting up with a couple down by Indy on Tuesday and riding down with them.

So ready for some time off work and some good riding.

• Trying to plan this. About 5.5 hour ride for me to get there. I moved to the Wilmington, NC area last year from Statesville, NC, where I was only 2 hours away. Grew up much closer to Maggie Valley and have been there hundreds of times since I was a kid.

• Trying to plan this. About 5.5 hour ride for me to get there. I moved to the Wilmington, NC area last year from Statesville, NC, where I was only 2 hours away. Grew up much closer to Maggie Valley and have been there hundreds of times since I was a kid.

I live bout .5 miles off Soco Rd - your welcome to come by any time for meet - greet -.bourbon 😬