USB kills sound on radio, even FM

• I have mp3 music on the thumb drive that came with my 2018 SL. The album name, artist name and song name will come up. It looks like the files are playing, but no sound. If I switch to FM, no sound. Remove the thumb drive and the sound returns.

How does the thumb drive kill all sound on the radio?

• I have mp3 music on the thumb drive that came with my 2018 SL. The album name, artist name and song name will come up. It looks like the files are playing, but no sound. If I switch to FM, no sound. Remove the thumb drive and the sound returns.

I have a 2016 Slingshot and use thumb drive for all my music. This is music I took from a CD to computer to thumb drive. I plug the thumb drive into the USB port in the glove box... Works great.

try a different usb stick. If one came with it maybe something on it is overriding the music.

• Album names load, singer names load, song titles load, even the bar and minutes left show. I'm leaning towards the sound being sent to bluetooth (the ABSOLUTE worst connection medium ever) instead of to the speakers.

• After spending an hour or so trying to get the thumb drive that CAME WITH the Slingshot to work IN THE Slingshot, I finally dug out one that I had used with my Toyota to transfer pictures to the display. It also had a dozen sings on it. It was an old Lexar flip out drive. Plugged it into the Sling . . . PRESTO . . . music WITH SOUND.

Came back into the house, copied over a few CD's that I had ripped to my desktop, went back into the garage . . . PRESTO . . . now we can ride with Janis and Elvis blaring and no drop out and static from what Polaris laughingly calls a radio.

Why did the Lexar stick work and the Slingshot stick did not? Who knows? EFF##G computers!!!

• After spending an hour or so trying to get the thumb drive that CAME WITH the Slingshot to work IN THE Slingshot, I finally dug out one that I had used with my Toyota to transfer pictures to the display. It also had a dozen sings on it. It was an old Lexar flip out drive. Plugged it into the Sling . . . PRESTO . . . music WITH SOUND.

Came back into the house, copied over a few CD's that I had ripped to my desktop, went back into the garage . . . PRESTO . . . now we can ride with Janis and Elvis blaring and no drop out and static from what Polaris laughingly calls a radio.

Why did the Lexar stick work and the Slingshot stick did not? Who knows? EFF##G computers!!!

the original one likely didn't work as it probably has the software for the ride command on it, or upgrades, and when you plug that in, it tries to load that program also.