Radar detector

• Snyonr use obe adn if so what brand? I'm looking at the Osmo. Used to have a Uniden so many years ago I can't remember when. Thinking yhey must have been improved by now. May be a good addition for my trip to SSITS. Or maybe a waste of money.

I have never run a radar detector. But the year we went to Huntsville we had a jammer in front and ran 100 mph at least from Augusta Ga. to Huntsville Ala. Watching the troopers pass us going the other way. Many times I have had the cruise set at 100 mph just keeping up with traffic.

• I have never run a radar detector. But the year we went to Huntsville we had a jammer in front and ran 100 mph at least from Augusta Ga. to Huntsville Ala. Watching the troopers pass us going the other way. Many times I have had the cruise set at 100 mph just keeping up with traffic.

Yep when on turnpike I do 80 90 100 constantly just to stay with traffic.

• Don't know which state you're in, but in Kalifornia it's mostly laser now. Radar might still be used, but it's more and more uncommon. Lasers are administered in the USA by the FDA -- not the FCC -- so jamming is legal. I'm using the Blinder HP-905, with all 4 corners covered by sensors/transmitters. I've also painted over all reflective surfaces with a "transparent" IR absorbing paint, to minimize any return (they target reflective surfaces like license plates and turn signal pods).

• The reason for covering front and back -- is that they can target your car both approaching (from the opposite lane) or while tailing you. I've had the Blinder alarm go off several times, and on all but one occasion I could see either a motorcycle cop off to the side of the road or an approaching cruiser. The laser guns not only measure speed, they also take a picture of your vehicle at the same time and overlay the measured speed on top of the photo -- stands up well in court.

You need to cover both Left and Right sides (front and rear) as they target the light pods, which are the most reflective to their IR signal. I believe the cone of aim is a little over 18" in diameter at the distances they typically target your vehicle.