Rhode Island Rides; Meet Ups

• Hi Everyone: John and I should have our registration issue resolved soon and will be buying our slingshot from MOM, South in Foxboro, MA. Looking to meet up with other local slingshot owners to schedule rides, etc. Post here if you are interested. We are in the East Bay Area of the State and looking forward to weekend and evening rides. I know of several, one from Portsmouth area, one from Smithfield area and one from Central Falls area. Haven't seen any post lately, but maybe because of the registration issue. A few friends of ours are interested as well, but wanted to see ours and make sure the registration isn't going to be an issue.

• BlackDeath, once we finally get ours registered we should try to do a meet up. How close to the RI boarder are you? I know there are some others, but the forum seems to be quite right now with RI and MA riders. We were hoping to have the registration issue resolved by now, but it is taking longer than we were advised. I think now it just needs to Governor to sign for the registry to start registering the slingshot again.

• BlackDeath, once we finally get ours registered we should try to do a meet up. How close to the RI boarder are you? I know there are some others, but the forum seems to be quite right now with RI and MA riders. We were hoping to have the registration issue resolved by now, but it is taking longer than we were advised. I think now it just needs to Governor to sign for the registry to start registering the slingshot again.

I am right near the Pawtucket area. Close to Rte 95. Well I am friends with Chris at MOM's and I believe they sold around 200+ Slingshots and I only see one driving around here and there. Have not seen any on the forums in my area which is surprising. I have a good amount of knowledge and have done all my own modding so if you need any advice or would like to check out what I have let me know.

• BlackDeath, thanks for the feed back. Chris is our rep at the dealer as well. Looks like we won't have ours for the 4th, but should have resolved within the next two weeks so we are told. Will have to have the Slingshot delivered instead of driving home. Hubby was a little disappointed we would not have for the 4th. Have never worked so hard for something in my life. We will have to meet up once resolved. John has a friend in Pawt. who he is trying to get to buy a Slingshot, but wanted to see ours first. Can't wait to be able to ride and enjoy. Keep in touch! Additionally, so others, but until RI resolves the registration we are in a hold mode.

• Welcome to the family. Thanks for replying and hopefully, we can get a group of RI slingshot owners to meet up and ride. We purchased ours from MOM's also. In fact, we are dropping off today for the first 500 +/- check up. Should have back by Saturday - 8/6. I know a few others are in RI, just the other day the UPS driver advised that another Bristol resident has a white one. We haven't seen him yet, but will be on the look out. I know BlackDeath is from MA just over the boarder and he is interested as well. There are a few in the Newport area, but haven't seen them on the site lately to discuss, also Slingingit who had issues the same as us. Since this is the only format to meet, I haven't seen much activity on this forum from either of them to be able to meet up. If anyone has any suggestions on how to do this, please advise. I met some wonderful people from CT, MA and NH who I am hoping we will be able to meet up and finally meet face to face. Are you the one from Central Falls area that posted earlier?