Purchase Shipping Insurance?

• I just purchased a set of DDM 3-way adjustable shocks through slingmods. They have an option for purchasing shipping insurance against damage and theft. I purchased it (23 bucks against the $1,199 purchase). I've used the insurance on the last two purchases. I question if I really should purchase this additional insurance is it something that should fall on the shipper?

• It’s a good question. If the shipper drops it on your front porch and takes a picture as proof are they still responsible if someone steals it off that porch? I don’t know the answer to that. I do know my last 2 purchases from slingmods I did pay the extra, but then again in both cases it was under $5 and seemed worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• one thing I think people should know if you are shipping things UPS and insure your packages

UPS insurance will only cover breakage if UPS packs the shipment or inspects it before the box is sealed if you pack it yourself

if you do not do it this way their insurance will only cover loss or damage from other causes like flood act

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• The insult to shippers insurance is if they lose the package and it is insured, they will pay you the declared amount of the contents ONLY. If the shipping costs with insurance was $45 and you insured it for $200 you only get the $200 and NOT a refund on the shipping costs on the item that THEY NEVER DELIVERED. USPS is the same. A total ripoff if you ask me. You pay them a fee for service and they do not provide that service, you should get a full refund on what you paid them to deliver on top of the declared value of the contents. Welcome to the new way to F***K customers

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE