Help finding information about transmission retune, free update from Polaris for 2020 models

• Hopefully someone can help. My parents just purchased a 2020 Polaris slinghot R model from an individual. I drove it the other day and it shifts terrible. I got to looking and saw that there was a free update to the transmission. according to some articles:

"Fear not, as Polaris has thoughtfully pledged to make transmission reprogramming, hill hold and paddle-shifters available to existing owners. This is great news all around, and should result in both a smoother and more engaging driving experience for everyone. The new calibration will be free for all 2020 AutoDrive owners, and all MY20 owners can add Hill Hold functionality to their Slingshots for $299. If you own a 2020 AutoDrive or are buying a 2021 S or SL AutoDrive and you want to upgrade to shift paddles, the cost is $399."

Anyways, I called my closest dealer which is a about an hour and a half away. They have no idea about this update. They did say if I found any information about this, I could email them. Thanks for any help you can give.

• I have a 2020 R Autodrive and my dealer and I are the ones that pushed the update through. I bought the 2020 new on a Friday and drove it home about 10 miles. My girlfriend and I drove it around the neighbor some that evening and I was shifting terrible plus shifting into neutral on its own while going down the road. The next morning I headed back to the dealer with it. Was going around a tight turn with a bid F350 on my tail when it shifted into neutral and I was about run over as there as a curb and no where to get over. Luckily the F350 had good brakes. Well when I got to the dealer they had me fill our a incidence report that went to Polaris and two government agency's. That report forced Polaris to get hot on fixing the problem as they had about 9 others across the US doing the rough shifting. My dealers shop supervisor knew the head engineer at Polaris and they worked together on the problem. Using a laptop while a shop mech drove they was able to duplicate the problem when they want it to happen. Several things were tried and it ended up to be a software fix. I was out my brand new Slingshot for 5 months. Polaris did make my payments. It has shifted real smooth since that and I feel like I might have saved someone from having a bad accident.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Thanks DJohnson, I think I found something I can give my dealer.

2020 Polaris Slingshot R electrical system TSB (Bulletin SLGCalibrate FAQ)

>td >Vehicles covered in this TSB:

Bulletin Date: Dec. 18, 2020
    Component: Electrical system
    Bulletin Summary:
    2020 Polaris Slingshot Gt, 2020 Polaris Slingshot R, 2020 Polaris Slingshot Sl.

I also found a service bulletin for a PCV Fitting for oil consumption

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10182067-0001.pdf