Broken Horn Wire/Clockspring? How to remove

• Horn stopped working, after horn button stuck on. Took off aftermarket steering wheel and hub, and I seem to have a broken wire right where it goes into the fitting. Tried pulling off the horn wires, but didn't want to force it, and the 2 wire connector doesn't pull straight off. Anyone know how to remove the wire connector? Thinking I can just splice in new wire in place of the broken one, but don't want to force the connector off. Or do I have to use puller and remove the whole thing?

Thanks much, couple pictures connector on the right side, 2 wire only, not the large connector on the left side.

• I'd recommend suing a pair of needle nose pliers to grab the connector and pull it out w/o placing strain on the wires. It's been a while since I last messed with that area on my Slingshot and I don't remember if that connector has any locking mechanism. Justmake sure to check before you try to pull the connector.You'll probably need to add a short section of wire to fix the connector.

• Thanks, I decided to take the safe way and order new clockspring from Dorman. Seems the connector is riveted to housing, then inside its connected to thin plastic strip, about 20' worth I'd estimate. Wire solder joint is under fused plastic body.

Will have new part Thursday, and its still driveable if I really need to go somewhere without a horn.

Thanks for assist

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• Thanks, I decided to take the safe way and order new clockspring from Dorman. Seems the connector is riveted to housing, then inside its connected to thin plastic strip, about 20' worth I'd estimate. Wire solder joint is under fused plastic body.

Will have new part Thursday, and its still driveable if I really need to go somewhere without a horn.

Thanks for assist

Horm broke use
    See the source image

• [quote='EjFord','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/10594-broken-horn-wire-clockspring-how-to-remove/&postID=366164#post366164']

Thanks, I decided to take the safe way and order new clockspring from Dorman. Seems the connector is riveted to housing, then inside its connected to thin plastic strip, about 20' worth I'd estimate. Wire solder joint is under fused plastic body.

Will have new part Thursday, and its still driveable if I really need to go somewhere slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/128933/slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/128934/without a horn.

Thanks for assist

Horm broke use
    See the source image

[/quote]

Might need both hands with Florida drivers.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.