A salute to American Heros

• Sending out a salute to the Tuskegee Airman. Some real American Hero's. They actually started at Chanute Air Field for a brief period. I went to Jet engine mechanic school at Chanute way back when. A special salute to Brigadier General Charles McGee who recently passed away. I believe he had a permanent smile! A great man, a great American Hero!

McGee served in WWII, the Korean War and Vietnam, and flew more than 400 combat missions across all three wars. He also earned a Distinguished Flying Cross while serving in Korea

Tuskegee Airman Charles McGee Dies at 102 > U.S. Department of Defense > Defense Department News

Tuskegee Airmen (U.S. National Park Service) (nps.gov)

• Here in Palm Springs we have a rather impressive Air Museum. Some years back a P-51 Mustang was restored and painted with all the markings of a P-51 flown by one of the Tuskegee Airmen - when it was unveiled 9 of the Tuskegee Airmen were in attendance and signed the tail later some more of the Airmen signed the top of one of the stabilizers - over the years there have been many events at the museum with members go the Tuskegee Airmen in attendance ant there is great deal of information and display space at the museum dedicated to them - - information link

oh and if you have the discretionary cash you can actually go for a ride in several of the museums planes - including this P-51 Mustang and also a T-33 Thunderbird jet

a ride in the Mustang will cost you about $1,900 - - - - link to Warbird Rides

If you are interested in aircraft and are ever out this way I highly recommend you check the museum out - - except for the static displays out front virtually all of the museums aircraft still fly - - often right over my house - - - P.S. Air Museum link

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies