Headlight bulbs

• Like many other owners, I was not happy with the look or performance of the stock headlights (2015-2019). I bought a set of led bulbs. The white color improved the look but the output was lacking. These bulbs had multiple LEDs all the way around the bulb. After doing a little research, I found some great reviews for some bulbs from a brand called Fahren. These bulbs are rated for 10000 lumens and the same bright white 6500 color. These bulbs are absolutely AMAZING!! In another thread I posted pictures of the output from a light bar that I installed. With these bulbs on bright I can barely tell the bar is on and they project the light MUCH further down the road. Anyone who does much night driving may want to give them a try. Here is a link to a set on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N…fabc_G173PRFTTBQ67QMAD6DK

2016.5 Pearl White SL LE

• I've used several different brands of LED headlight bulbs, with LEDs mounted the way the OP's link shows and with the LEDS arranged in 4-8 panels around the headlight to more closely simulate the 360 degree light produced by a typical halogen filament. Both types have performed adequately. I originally tried 35W HID bulbs in an attempt to combat the occasional loss of headlight output that resulted in the initial headlight recall, but eventually switched to LEDs because I prefer the higher light output/watt offered by LED bulbs. Different headlight shapes can make a big difference in terms of how the LED output is focused down the road. Headlight Revolution has several videos on YouTube about light output from different bulbs and headlights.

Edited once, last by BKL ().