SLINGFEST - Galveston Island - 2021 (Fri, Sep 24th 2021 - Sun, Sep 26th 2021)

Date

SLINGFEST - Galveston Island - 2021

Fri, Sep 24th 2021 - Sun, Sep 26th 2021

• 3GunSteve

Changed the title of the thread from “SLINGFEST - Galveston Island - 2020 (Fri, Sep 24th 2021 - Mon, Sep 27th 2021)” to “SLINGFEST - Galveston Island - 2020 (Fri, Sep 24th 2021 - Sun, Sep 26th 2021)”.
  • Dunno where my comment went so copying it over to here -

I've heard these are more about lights n sound vs ridding....but the thought of spending some time on the ocean in a beach house with 3 other sling couples sounds fun! We are VRBO'n it and staying on the beach. Looks like ferry to isle and the event organizer is already helping us with a spot to stow the trailers. Buddy is building a double sling trailer now specifically to get both his slings down for this one. I also talked to my brother as we'll be dropping the 15yr old at his place and picking up a few ocean rods - I've never fished in the ocean and need to do that!

Anyone else from the group here going? Tips or things to do while in the area?

• 3GunSteve

Changed the title of the thread from “SLINGFEST - Galveston Island - 2020 (Fri, Sep 24th 2021 - Sun, Sep 26th 2021)” to “SLINGFEST - Galveston Island - 2021 (Fri, Sep 24th 2021 - Sun, Sep 26th 2021)”.
  • Yes, the "SlingFest" events are light and sound oriented, but they do do at least one ride. We did Corpus Christi a couple weeks ago and plan on doing this one too.

In fact, at least a few of us are going down to Galveston Independence weekend and driving in the 4th of July parade at night. One of the members has a house there and we are all crashing on the floor wherever we can. See the event on FB here.

• ... Tips or things to do while in the area?

Lots to do. Here's a list of tours. You're on the coast and it's actually an island. Drive the coast highway and look at and be looked at. Drive on the Seawall. There are places you can actually drive on the sand here (fun to do donuts in the SS!) Pic below is wokka and I.