Tampa Bay Alzheimers Rally

• Polaris teamed up with Tampa area Alzheimers Association. A rally was scheduled for June 20th afternoon, the Longest Day to raise awareness of this crippling disease. The rally featured a meet up at Ford's Garage, Brandon, then a drive across the Sunshine Skyway for sunset, while the bridge lighting was turned purple, along with other Tampa landmarks. Stopped for pictures at the southern end of bridge rest area.

Fox 13 did a short morning feature on the event, which included a send-off by the Mayor. Justin Schumaker led the 40 minute ride in the purple painted Sling from Minnesota.

We had 5 slings from the SW FL Slingshot riders travel north to Tampa to join the event. All totaled, maybe about 55-60 slings, and another 30 Spyders. Great ride for a great cause.

Donna and I had a great ride with Bob and Cathy; Daryl and Norma; Ron and Karen; and Dennis. Got back home after 10, great day and night for a ride.

Here is link to tv footage.

FoxNews 13 report

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• Gee, it sure would have been nice to post in here BEFORE the event for those of us who live in Florida that don't use Facebook would have had a chance to join in. Maybe next time you hear of something, you could try to think of us on the East Coast?

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Sorry guys, I'm not in a position to maintain a Florida announcement page. I'm not on FB or any other social media either, except here. I DID get a marketing email from Polaris on Saturday, which I rarely read, but being Saturday, I skimmed thru it. As for our group ride, that was a phone call Friday from someone else who is on multiple FB sling groups. I have no idea who organized, or what was posted when or where. Did not see ANY dealers around, have no idea if info was distributed thru them or not.

Here is clip Polaris direct email. I got it about 10 am Saturday, maybe you got it as well.

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.