Finally -- My Trip to Alpha!! (non epic journey)

• So, my whirl wind tour to Alpha started yesterday at 6:30 AM. Arrived in Stillwater by 16:30. Tried to hook up with SlingJockey, just didn't pan out. Next time, (and there will be a next time!!.....Shocks, exhaust, turbo....oh soooo many goodies too little $$$$)

Got to Alpha this morning at about 9:00. Got to finally meet the infamous Henry and spent the morning asking Troy way too many questions to which he was very polite and answered each in turn. Troy got right to work on my Sling installing my new CAI, Brake Mount support (how have I managed without this??), LED Grill, and Shorty Headers. Plus I got my new hitch 2.0 installed!! Woot!! (Pics tomorrow in the daylight)

Henry gave me the nickel tour and I got to view the beast! Damn that is a sweet assed machine up close & personal. Sounds so incredible too. As Henry said, it sounds the way every Sling should sound!

Unfortunately, the 4 Wheeled Sling had been delivered last week, so I couldn't see that one in person. But I did get to take a Turbo Sling out for a ride! I so have to get that done to mine!!

All in all, Troy was good to his word and I was done there by 11:30 this AM. I took off straight for home. HOLY CRAP !!! The heat wave they are having down there! I got caught in bumper to bumper traffic thanks to construction. My gauge was reading 36 degrees Celsius, which is 96.8 Fahrenheit. Damn that was a long 1/2 hour of going nowhere fast.

So, just got home, and arrived to this.....

Tornado watch in effect for southern Manitoba - MyToba.ca

Drove through some major rain and hail......that was special...... But learned a few very important things in it..... 1) Hail is loud, but can actually be avoided if you tuck in behind the windshield. Thanks to MB laws, I had my helmet back on for this. 2) The money spent on the Nitto tire on the rear is money well spent. The rain I was in was heavy, heavy rain. I never lost traction even once. Sweet! 3) That Grill LED Light!!!! I can't even begin to speak enough praise to that thing. Without it, I would have pulled over for sure, because I couldn't see a thing on low beams. But Troy has hooked these into the High Beams and they cut through that rain like nothing I've seen before on a vehicle so low. Thank You Henry & Troy!!! @Turbosling I should have just went for the Shocks, lol

All in all, a wicked storm around here greeted me as I entered the province. Lots of Hydro workers out fixing downed lines and people out cleaning up their yards. I got buffeted by wind and took a little hail, but did just fine. And I can actually say I am impressed with the way the Sling handled. But my first official trip to Alpha was awesome! Can't wait to show off the goods!