Just got back from a long ride.

• SS's been sitting on the ramps for almost 2 months now (shoulder/bicep surgery) so I decided to warm it up and al least get the oil in the angle drive turned over. Made two laps on the driveway which is in the neighborhood of 1.5 miles total.:thumbsup::D Just putted along in first gear letting the engine warm up. 43 degrees out but the engine got up to temp fairly quickly. She's back on the ramps in the garage again. Probably going to be another 3-5 weeks before the doctors will let me bang gears.X/ Oh well, warmer weather is coming too.

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos

Edited once, last by drfubar ().

• Hey Doc, is it a little scary backing up the SS on to the ramps??

I kinda like the idea for oil changes and such!

Not at all. You just make sure you're lined up and make a running start in reverse.:thumbsup:

Actually it takes a little getting used to but it is handy as hell. Makes everything easier to get to. Especially changing oil in the engine and angle drive.

PS: Just remember to set the parking brake because if you have it up on the ramps and you want to open the hood you could pull it right off the ramps and over you. No, I didn't do it but I came close. :rolleyes:

TheDonFather - Videos

• @ drfubar What would scare me the most is going off the back side of the ramps. Never did that with my cars or trucks but came close. I can see front end plastic flying all over. Maybe a 4x4 set the right distance to stop the rear tire would help. The incline of your ramps don't look real steep so that probably helps. What brand are they? Now if I could just keep from spinning my rear tire I so that often just backing out of my Slingport.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• @ drfubar What would scare me the most is going off the back side of the ramps. Never did that with my cars or trucks but came close. I can see front end plastic flying all over. Maybe a 4x4 set the right distance to stop the rear tire would help. The incline of your ramps don't look real steep so that probably helps. What brand are they? Now if I could just keep from spinning my rear tire I so that often just backing out of my Slingport.

Don't know, just a cheap old brand of ramps. All three ramps have a lip on them so as not to go too far. I mean if you're hitting them at 30mph then yes I guess you could jump the rear lip but if y'all are paying attention you won't. It's not that difficult, really. I also use them in the yard down by the house for washing the SS. They sit in gravel and still work fine.

TheDonFather - Videos

• drfubar Ya they look like a lot better ramps then the red metal ones I had. They were short and real steep and would dig into my blacktop driveway sometimes once bending and tipping over with my diesel F350 on it. Thanks I didn't notice you had one behind the rear wheel. I think I will order two sets to do my under chassis lighting. Would assume I will have to get two sets and I bet a set of three couldn't be found.

• @drfubar could you measure your ramps and tell me what the lift height is? I am looking at a Truck set on Amazon with 6.5" lift and a car set with 2.5" 2.5 just don't seam like very much.

AmazonSmile: RhinoGear 11912ABMI RhinoRamps MAX Vehicle Ramp - Pair (16,000lb. GVW Capacity): Automotive

These are what I have and they've gone up in price some.

TheDonFather - Videos

Edited once, last by drfubar ().

• drfubar Thank you. Those are the ones I picked out and put on my list. Guess I better get them on order but I don't see any days in the near furture above 72 degrees to put my Chaser lights on. We had scheduled to do it in my son's garage today but it isn't heated and the forecast called for a max of 72 but his garage probably wouldn't warm to 72 and only for a very short time if it did. It got to 68 is all today. Might be a month or so.

• drfubar Thank you. Those are the ones I picked out and put on my list. Guess I better get them on order but I don't see any days in the near furture above 72 degrees to put my Chaser lights on. We had scheduled to do it in my son's garage today but it isn't heated and the forecast called for a max of 72 but his garage probably wouldn't warm to 72 and only for a very short time if it did. It got to 68 is all today. Might be a month or so.

68? Well that's tee shirt and short weather sir.

TheDonFather - Videos

• drfubar Called Slingmods and was told that 72 was the min temp to stick the LED strips on. At what I paid for these two kits I don't want to be dragging my LED strips down the road. I can wait. You are right 68 is nice winter weather to ride.