Trim color match for Pearl Red Sling

• Well, my first day here and I though it best to contribute before I ask for help.

I have a 2016 Sling LE that is Pearl Red. Here is a pretty cool trick. I have been a radio controlled airplane pilot since the late 80's. We use a wing covering called Monokote. Well they make a sticky back peel and stick trim sheet that perfectly matches the Pearl Red. You can get it at any R/C Hobby shop or get it online as well. Here are a few examples of how I have used it. The sheets are 5" X 36" and only run about 2-3 bucks per sheet and it sticks like no tomorrow.

• Dayum! That has a ton of possibilities. OK GADSling , now that you got that out of the way, what do you need?:smiling_face_with_halo:

Just kidding. Another match for Red Pearl is a powdercoat from Prismatic powders called Outrageous Orange. Yes, orange. It even has the metal flake when it's clear coated. This indoor, low-light pic looks more orange than in reality but you can see how close they are.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Hey SlingLow,

My question is about wiring up my new heated PRP seats I just got. I am lucky enough to have a 2016 Sling that already has the wiring for the heated seats installed from the factory just as it does for the fog lights that I have already hooked up and it was really easy. I have hooked up a multi-meter to the plug under the seat and when the ignition is on and the engine is off I am getting about 9-10 volts so I know the other end is hooked up to something. I am just looking for some help in the best, easiest and safest way to get the heated seats working. I do have waterproof switches that fit in the dash under the display so that is no problem.

• Hey SlingLow,

My question is about wiring up my new heated PRP seats I just got. I am lucky enough to have a 2016 Sling that already has the wiring for the heated seats installed from the factory just as it does for the fog lights that I have already hooked up and it was really easy. I have hooked up a multi-meter to the plug under the seat and when the ignition is on and the engine is off I am getting about 9-10 volts so I know the other end is hooked up to something. I am just looking for some help in the best, easiest and safest way to get the heated seats working. I do have waterproof switches that fit in the dash under the display so that is no problem.

Good morning GADSling . I saw your question on your newbie thread and hopefully you'll get some more input. My tech knowledge is remedial at best. I'm mostly a resident smart-ass. I have read that to use the fog light wiring, you need a relay that goes in the appropriate empty slot in the fuse box and a switch. I don't know that I've heard anything about using the seat wiring. I'm also not great at searching but using the search tool with some key words might help you find some info. Maybe one of our tech gurus on the electrical side like ericastar76 will have some info for you.

Also, if you want to tag someone so that they get a notification, use the @ symbol in front of their name like I did above. If you're not sure of the spelling, you can enter the @ followed by the 1st three letters and the system will display all the names starting with those letters.

I like your Red Rocket harnesses. I was given the handle 'Red ;Rocco' on the CB radio back in the 80's for a couple years when I showed up in hunting camp with a 1981 VW Sirocco that I ran around the logging roads in. What can I say, I was a poor college student!

Welcome aboard sir. There's lots of friendly and knowledgable folk here - and me. You've got a lot of company down there in the Lone Star state. Enjoy your ride!

Oh yeah, and someone stole your steering wheel.

• Hey there and good morning SlingLow . Kind of funny, back in the 70's/80's my handle was "Freebird". I wasn't the greatest college student either. Thanks for the tip on notifying fellow members with the "@".

You are correct about the fog lights. I found it to be really easy but a couple tricks can be very helpful. It was so simple even I could do it! First of all finding the plug behind the rear camera display was a little tough but I found it and it is labeled "FOG LIGHTS" so that is kind of a no brainer. I bought 3 items all together.

https://www.slingmods.com/pola…y-kit?search=fog%20lights

https://www.slingmods.com/pola…tegration-harness-tricled

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FIT-F…ksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

First just plug in the relay and fuse. Then find the plug as mentioned above and plug it into the switch and remove the blank from the dash and exchange it with the switch. The integration harness makes it simple to do the wiring and add the fog lights. I also have other LED's running to it as well. The next part is the real trick. I removed the lower section of the front wing on both sides in order to drill the holes to mount the actual LED's and I was off to the races!!! If you decide to add the fog lights let me know and I will help in any way I can. Here is a shot of how mine came out. I do kind of wish they were a little brighter.

Oh yea... It took a while but I finally found my steering wheel.

• Hey GADSling when I said 'poor college student' I meant I was broke, not that I got bad grades!8o

Another connection: When you were going by Freebird I was playing Freebird in various bands in, and after high-school. I actually played for my Junior-High graduation party and my Junior Prom in high school. I wouldn't take the gig to play at my Senior Prom because I wanted to party!

Thanks for the description and links for the fog light install. I should be able to pull that off when it's time to get back to modding.

Ride on!:thumbup:

• Some of SlingLow ’s early work...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014