Out of this world?

• My wife and I had to get a couple of things for the house. OK, it was ME. I needed Lucas cleaner exterior spray wax AND interior cleaner. So, of course we found a way to take an 80 mile ride to the "closest" WalMart.

When we got home, I decided to top of the tank. It was only half full and you never know when that last 150 miles won't be enough. So, I filled at Kwik Star and went in to get a couple of bagels and pay for the gas. New kid at the register, very courteous 20 something young man. He asked, "Which pump?" I said, "Five." He said, "Oh, the one with the Martian Rover."

I think my Sling just got a new name.

• I stopped at a store the other day...I came out and a clerk from the advance auto parts store is on his break sitting on the sidewalk right in front of my slingshot....he says it this yours....I said yes....he said do you do “ride alongs” meaning he wants a ride......I said sure...get in....he said I have a 10 minute break.....so I took him for a ride....when we get back I asked if he had a camera....he hands me his phone....I said get in the driver seat...I made him the coolest employee....