Adding music to the SS

• I want to add some music to my 2019 SLR. My question is, is 2,200 for a three speaker add on reasonable? That includes install and all equipment. I’m a new owner never knew it was so expensive to upgrade.

thanks

• Need some more context. What are you adding to what existing? You doing it yourself or having someone else do the install? What kind of equipment? Low End or High End? Subwoofer(s)? Amps??

I spent $1600 just on equipment to add head unit, amp, 4 speakers, and pods. Installed myself with mid-range equipment.

• Again, wide variety here. Are these new (in pods) or replacing existing equipment? Are they building the pods or buying premade (ie SSV, JL, UAC, etc)? Is it marine grade?

Tell us exactly what you currently have, what is being removed/replaced/added, model information for the equipment, etc. And the quality of the install. Are they using basic stuff or going with good wiring. Heck, wire alone can get into the $100's if you really want to. Are they going to equalize/cross-over it for the environment or are they just plug-n-playing it?

Some of the other stereo suppliers here can probably give you a better idea than I can. You can get crazy if you want to. But a simple rule of thumb is that labor will cost you just as much as equipment. Heck, I've seen installs in the >$5-6K range for labor WITHOUT equipment.

We really need to know the full context to give you a good idea. It's like saying "I killed 5 today! Is that a lot?"

• Flies - Not a problem.
    • Teenagers - Yes, a problem.
  • Thanks I thought it was pretty descriptive but I understand the point just getting an idea. But based on what you said I can gather my own conclusion.

thanks