Freedom Power Sports looking at starting a club

• Daniel Bicknell at Freedom Power Sports asked me today if I would be interested in running a SS club here in NWA (Rogers). He wants to me to consider running the club with full dealer support. They would benefit from the increased exposure and sales and the members would benefit from support and discounts. We also discussed selling aftermarket parts for our Slings.They will also support our Eureka meet and help get the word out to all the local owners. There are at least 15 in the area but I have been unable to locate them. This could be good for all of us in AR, OK, KS, and MO. If anyone is interested just let me know.

• Count me in brother. Very interested in getting a club in Arkansas. Lots of good rides in your area. That will give me an excuse to get up that way more often.

Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing.
    Moderation is for cowards.

• Talked with them yesterday and we discussed just how we want to do things. Looks like we will keep it more informal and we will be setting up some weekend meets and drives at and from the dealership. We are going to have our own t-shirts for the "informal" club. Daniel is finding out how much advertising budget the owners (Williams Tractor) will give. Hopefully will know better by the end of this week.
    BTW, if anyone is interested, they have a blue SS, two white ones, and all the colors. Also have a trede-in that is flat black with an Alpha exhaust.

• Sounds great so far. I work nights primarily, so I have a lot of idle time to daydream. Y'all might have already thought of this or have a better idea. I was thinking of contacting all the slingshot dealers in Arkansas for info on all sling purchases from their dealerships. I don't figure they would give us address info due to privacy laws, but if we provided a letterhead with pre paid postage, they could send it out to their sling owners.

I hate it but most owners are not on the forums. We just need a way to get the word out.

Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing.
    Moderation is for cowards.

• Sounds great so far. I work nights primarily, so I have a lot of idle time to daydream. Y'all might have already thought of this or have a better idea. I was thinking of contacting all the slingshot dealers in Arkansas for info on all sling purchases from their dealerships. I don't figure they would give us address info due to privacy laws, but if we provided a letterhead with pre paid postage, they could send it out to their sling owners.

I hate it but most owners are not on the forums. We just need a way to get the word out.

l agree. We need to find a way to contact other owners. I'll mention this to Daniel but we are talking about competing dealers and he brought the idea up because he was looking at promoting Freedom (not associated with Freedom Power Sports in TX).
    I asked him about the mailing list for the sales brochures I get on the SS and it seems that is a list developed by Polaris through their advertising group and it is very inaccurate. When people mark "return to sender" on them they are returned to the closest dealer. He received hundreds from USPS so the method Polatis is using is very cost ineffective.
    Daniel is emailing everyone who has purchased an SS from them to let them know we are looking at setting up some events/rides and inviting them to join in. This might be more effective in the short run and then we can all visit with other dealers and see if they are interested in joining us.
    Freedom is going to be engaged somehow in our Eureka event in September and other dealers might want to check it out also.