Phones and driving.....

• Back in April of this year I had a driver of a 3 series BMW rear end me. A minute or so prior I had passed the individual and noticed they were texting and I noticed that it was pretty warm to be driving with the window down and the thought passed through my mind "such a nice car not to have AC" lol As I was waiting to make a right turn I notice the same BMW coming at a rapid rate of speed. I could not move left or right to avoid them. I remember saying a quick prayer..things went black, the jarring, the impact and electrical pain shooting through my entire body after it seemed I had passed out momentarily and came to. All I knew was that the driver was at my door profusely apologizing and I realized that here I was a grown man sobbing in excruciating pain but thankful to be alive. I realized that I had been shoved about 7ft forward and beneath the Expedition that was waiting to turn in front of me. My left knee was slightly dislocated and the pain of trying to put it back in place made me thankful for having an empty bladder. After what seemed like hours I was able to get out of our Porsche but wasn't very stable. I went from being the victim of being struck from behind by a distracted driver, to a situation that I'll never forget. Your wife was very blessed. You and your family are blessed to have her despite the pain that she's experiencing, along with the discomfort of wearing the collar. Know that perhaps this accident may save the person who hit your wife life in the future, as she would learn that texting and driving isn't safe--the thought that she could have taken a life for such a selfish moment. Please encourage your wife to do physical therapy as soon as she's advised by her physician. It will help with retaining a lot of her normal functions, help decrease her pain level, spasms and as stated preserve function. I will keep her in my prayers.