Oil Pickup Tube question

• I pulled my oil pan to swap in the pre-modded pan I got from Hahn Racecraft at the beginning of the month. Unfortunately, after being under the weather the first half of the month and then having my Son and Granddaughter come visit, I am only now getting back to the turbo install.
    I have a question about the oil pickup. The Hahn oil pan consists of a bare pan, so the baffle and oil pickup must be transplanted. When I removed the oil pickup from the original pan, it appeared to just be a friction fit as I couldn't see any sign of any type of sealant on the oil pickup tube going to the oil pickup point in the original pan. I simply pushed the pickup tube into place so that the screws were able to secure the pickup intake to the bottom of the oil pan. Is sealant needed or just go with the press-fit? I haven't been able to find a write-up anyplace on installing the pickup tube. I'd hate to install the pan only to find that the oil pump is cavitating and not picking up any oil thru the pickup tube. The impact on my motor would definitely be disastrous!

• Ok. If I remember this (and I am pretty sure that i do) that tube is held in place by the two 10mm bolts at the bottom where the screen strainer is located. If you jam that tube in far enough to get those two bolts back in then it won't suck air.... also make sure you apply a thin layer of gray gasket goo on the circle area where the pan and the block connect together and the oil passage is located.

I also used red locktite on every one of those bolts located inside the pan that hold the baffle and tube in.

• Ok. If I remember this (and I am pretty sure that i do) that tube is held in place by the two 10mm bolts at the bottom where the screen strainer is located. If you jam that tube in far enough to get those two bolts back in then it won't suck air.... also make sure you apply a thin layer of gray gasket goo on the circle area where the pan and the block connect together and the oil passage is located.

I also used red locktite on every one of those bolts located inside the pan that hold the baffle and tube in.

Thanks for checking. Glad to hear this. I thought it must be press-fit when I couldn't see any signs of sealant on the intake tube when I swapped it to the new pan. Just wanted to double-check. I did indeed press-fit the tube into the opening as far as it would go and still allow me to put the screws in. I also used Blue (medium strength) threadlock on both the oil intake tube screws and the 5 screws holding the baffle in place.
    Since the temp has dropped to around 95F, I guess I'll go try to wedge the oli pan into place in a little bit.