Wiring speakers and use of a Bluetooth amp

• Sorry MiM didn’t look at dates on response. Anyway have a great Christmas

No worries... I don't drive it.

Once the Ford Bronco availability issues get ironed out, I will likely sell to cover down payment. Then I'll hopefully have the open air vehicle with room for the family.

Of course, it's not the same as a Slingshot. Actually did take it out the other day and it definitely gives me a thrill when I do drive it. Couple of regrets I may have is never attending Maggie Valley and never running it on a track. Oh well... Maybe I'll try again when I'm retired and the new Slingshot costs $60k by that time... 😆

• I had to run my own speaker wires since my 2015 Base Slingshot didn't have any speaker wiring.

I remember doing that. Speakers at the time had LED lights as well so had to run 4 wire for those too. Upgraded to the DB speakers and so should of did that first time, but still using that same amazon speaker wire I ran before. That reel I had was so old it was all copper wire vs the aluminum clad stuff you see commonly now misrepresenting itself as speaker wire.

• I remember doing that. Speakers at the time had LED lights as well so had to run 4 wire for those too. Upgraded to the DB speakers and so should of did that first time, but still using that same amazon speaker wire I ran before. That reel I had was so old it was all copper wire vs the aluminum clad stuff you see commonly now misrepresenting itself as speaker wire.

Did you mount the amp directly onto the plastic floor? My amp says don't mount to plastic. I think because of heat produced by amp.

• Did you mount the amp directly onto the plastic floor? My amp says don't mount to plastic. I think because of heat produced by amp.

Yeah, this one didn't have any guidelines like that. Mostly did it as when I was doing research I saw a few guys using this amp for what I wanted. 4 speakers + sub and they mounted under driver or passenger seat. I went driver as all those adjustments are on top and I can pull driver seat even with 4 point belts in like 5 mins compared to 30+ for passenger side. Never had any heat issues, runs even better now that I have just a BT signal to it vs the ride-command signal and all I tried to get that working. I think it hits pretty good now too for a "cheap" setup by some standards.

• Yeah, this one didn't have any guidelines like that. Mostly did it as when I was doing research I saw a few guys using this amp for what I wanted. 4 speakers + sub and they mounted under driver or passenger seat. I went driver as all those adjustments are on top and I can pull driver seat even with 4 point belts in like 5 mins compared to 30+ for passenger side. Never had any heat issues, runs even better now that I have just a BT signal to it vs the ride-command signal and all I tried to get that working. I think it hits pretty good now too for a "cheap" setup by some standards.

I have a 2018 SL with the ride command stereo. I have been wanting to add the SSV rear pods and speakers for awhile now, but after reading about all the issues that comes along with trying to hook these speakers to ride command I have not tackled this mod. I did some research and found a mostly plug and play kit from Extreme Tunes ( formerly Sling Tunes) that comes with a amplifier and all the necessary wiring for the front pod speakers and the addition of the rear speakers and works with the ride command stereo. Has anyone seen this kit or better yet, does anyone have this kit installed on there ride command? I know absolutely nothing about installing stereos 🥴, so any information about this kit would be appreciated. Do any of you know of another plug and play kit on the market for the 2018 ride command ?

• I have a 2018 SL with the ride command stereo. I have been wanting to add the SSV rear pods and speakers for awhile now, but after reading about all the issues that comes along with trying to hook these speakers to ride command I have not tackled this mod. I did some research and found a mostly plug and play kit from Extreme Tunes ( formerly Sling Tunes) that comes with a amplifier and all the necessary wiring for the front pod speakers and the addition of the rear speakers and works with the ride command stereo. Has anyone seen this kit or better yet, does anyone have this kit installed on there ride command? I know absolutely nothing about installing stereos 🥴, so any information about this kit would be appreciated. Do any of you know of another plug and play kit on the market for the 2018 ride command ?

Sorry, no experience with those kits. I tried a special cable that goes between ride command and the stock amp, to give my aftermarket amp a signal and it sucked. Then tried peeling signal and using line converter, still sucked. I might put a real head unit in one day, but I like keeping an eye on ride command gauges (temp, battery etc..) I wouldn't waste time trying to get ride command to work if I did it again. Even when folks do it successfully what you get out of it isn't much because of the outputs sucking. So much better to just put in new head unit vs trying to get it to work or skip it all together like I did and bluetooth to your amp and keep ride command. My thoughts, others have used those kits though and can obviously provide more input!