Components and coaxial speakers

• Ok I know my way around the shop and have done a bunch of things for the sling on my own but one thing I never really learned or taught my self was car audio. I know the basics but that's all So wondering if I could get some help here . So i installed and replaced factory audio but just realized I was using 6.5 coaxials in my side pods but am running 5.25 components in the front pods am I hurting the system ?

• Not really. It all comes down to whether or not you like the sound. That is really the most important factor when dealing with speakers, costs and sound.
    Here is what A quick Google search found -
    - People also ask
    What is a coaxial speaker?
    Coaxial speakers in automobiles are 2- or 3-way loudspeakers in which the tweeter, or the tweeter and a mid-range driver, are mounted in front of the woofer, partially obscuring it. The advantage of this design is the ability to use a smaller area, hence their popularity in car audio.

Coaxial loudspeaker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coaxial_loudspeaker
    Search for: What is a coaxial speaker?- What is a component speaker system?
    However, component speaker systems (also called "separates") allow you to lift your music to your dash by separating the woofers and the tweeters. Components deliver realistic sound with outstanding imaging in the car, making them the choice of serious audio enthusiasts.

What are component car speakers? - Crutchfield

http://www.crutchfield.com/ISE…learn/learningcenter/.../speakers_component.html
    Search for: What is a component speaker system?- What is a two way speaker system?
    a 2-way speaker has one woofer for lower frequencies and one tweeter for higher frequencies. A 3-way speaker divides the frequency range into 3 parts with a woofer for lower frequencies, mid-range for middle frequencies and tweeter for high frequencies.

Best Buy Car Speakers : Questions, Answers, How To, FAQs ...

reviews.bestbuy.com/answers/3545/category/abcat0302005/questions.htm?sort...
    Search for: What is a two way speaker system?- What is a midrange in a speaker?
    A mid-range speaker is a loudspeaker driver that reproduces sound in the frequency range from approximately 300 to 5000 Hz. It is also known as a squawker. Mid-range drivers are usually cone types or, less commonly, dome types, or compression horn drivers.

Mid-range speaker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mid-range_speaker
    Search for: What is a midrange in a speaker?
    The one situation I would say can make a significant difference is if you are using a dual-cone speaker instead of a two-way, as dual-cone speakers are definitely a way of cheaping out since, unlike a true two-way co-axial speaker, the dual-cone approach uses a single magnet to drive what is essentially a single speaker, but tries to use the dual cones to produce two different ranges of frequencies. A true two-way coaxial speaker should always produce better sound than a dual-cone speaker.
    Generally speaking, component speakers will generally have a little better sound since each component specializes in a limited frequency range. A coaxial speaker also uses separate components, but usually minimizes them for a more compact fit in the space typically occupied by a single speaker, but can still produce good sound. Choosing components vs coaxials really comes down to how much space you have and how much money you want to spend. Again, the final sound is the determining factor. In the case of side pods, they generally don't have space to use separate components and coaxials make perfect sense in that application.

Edited 2 times, last by BKL ().