Installing the 4 rubber bumpers

• Should I remove the three rubber pads under the hood, before replacing them with the four rubber bumpers that I just purchased. ?

The hood fails to open about ½ of the time. I have the four bumpers.

Living the good life in central Florida.

• yes, per the instructions. They will probably leave a huge glue residue- you want to remove that, or your new bumpers will want to stick to the same contact points.
    please see
    New Hood Bumpers

there is an extensive thread on these bumpers. On post #66, (I think), I posted a copy of the instructions that polaris sent to their techs.

• Thanks for the information. That was perfect.

Just a note...... The bumpers take a little time to compress from the weight of the hood, so the rear, ( by the windshield), may need the obligatory push-down, as advertised in the Owner's Manual. That is the Polaris way of saying--- we did not take great care in putting this vehicle together- particularly on the body panels, and the hood may need tweeking, if you want it to open and close smoothly. @rabtech put out a nice clear set of instructions and pictures on how do that. I let my new bumpers settle for about two weeks, before getting all the stars to align. Works great after multiple tweeks, and the alignment with the lower front wings is as it should have been from the factory. Have patience......