Slingfest - Colorado Springs, Colorado - 6/15 - 6/18

• I've been off this form for a bit, real life has been crazy.... I have over 15k into this next upgrade mostly sitting in boxes that I need to get to :)

I wanted to tell you all about Slingfest 2023 in Colorado Springs if anyone was interested. More info is on the registration link and this is a FREE event like all slingfests are. House of Sound and Zarate Steel works have already stepped up as Vendors and we have a lot more group rides planned than we did last year as folks really liked those. Info below, hope to see some of you all maybe!

Link - https://www.eventbrite.com/e/s…2023-tickets-605315042587

• Well I made it, but it was an adventure.

This was Yellowstone Park. It was wet, cold and miserable. An ominous foreshadowing of the trip.

The first thing I saw on arrival. Very impressive custom work.

Some of the attendees and their rides.

Garden of the Gods while the sun was out.

Some nice rides but often under clouds and sometimes rain/hail.

So, in the end this was not really a fun trip. It was cold and wet every day but one. But, the event was well organized and as always there were great folks there and we had fun even when the weather got bad.

The ride home was even worse, it got so cold and was raining so hard, both my wife and I were borderline hypo thermic every time we stopped for gas. We had never been through anything like this before (and we have driven through Banff park in the fall). It was certainly a learning experience. We will have more lightweight cold weather gear on hand, and I will be looking at see through, drop down visors on the roof to keep the rain and hail off my face.