Trip to Arkansas was great until.......

• Hang with me, a little long but I need some feedback.

So we went to the Ozarks this week and we had a great time until the last day. We were out in the middle of nowhere when the engine temp alarm came on. When I looked at the coolant reservoir it was empty. I know it was good when we left because it’s a part of my checklist.

I couldn’t see a leak anywhere so I thought it might be a bad reservoir. Luckily I had several bottles of water so I was able to get it back home and get some coolant.

My slingshot has the Thermal R&D sport exhaust. It was on the machine when I bought it. What I found was when they installed the exhaust they did not tighten up the coolant line relocation bracket.

The coolant line was rubbing against the exhaust piping and it wore a hole in it.

I’m not sure how I can get the coolant line out without removing the motor mount. Or maybe splicing with a high temp hose.

HELP!

• I assume you're referring to the metal coolant pipe? Any way you can get a screwdriver in there? Maybe a sheet metal screw to plug the hole along with some JB Weld to help seal the screw/hole or maybe you'll get lucky and the JB Weld will hold for your trip home? If you manage to get the aluminum pipe away from the muffler, is it possible to dent the muffler enough to ensure clearance? First thoughts that came to mind. Wish I could offer a total fix suggestion.:/

• I assume you're referring to the metal coolant pipe? Any way you can get a screwdriver in there? Maybe a sheet metal screw to plug the hole along with some JB Weld to help seal the screw/hole or maybe you'll get lucky and the JB Weld will hold for your trip home? If you manage to get the aluminum pipe away from the muffler, is it possible to dent the muffler enough to ensure clearance? First thoughts that came to mind. Wish I could offer a total fix suggestion.:/

I was able to get the bike home yesterday. I stopped every 45 minutes and topped off the coolant reservoir. Haha. 600 miles! Once I get the whole repaired or a new pipe there is a bracket that is used to move it away from the exhaust. The installer failed to tighten the bracket and the coolant pipe slid right back against the exhaust pipe. Thanks for the feedback.