Slingshot 101.2

• Curious why the requirement for long sleeves, I wonder? Gloves, I pretty much get, I wear them myself, but is anyone else religious about wearing long sleeves in the Sling?

Perhaps because the Sling is classified as a motorcycle and the instructors are Motorcycle Safety Foundation instructors following MSF instructor guidelines? That would be my guess.

I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.

• The long sleeve thing is to satisfy the safety requirements. The Road Closed guys will let us wear shorts but the technicality is long sleeves (I wore a comfortable short sleeve shirt then I just threw on my Slingshot jacket while on track). Any DOT helmet will work also (half helmets are ok). There will be debris (rocks, dust, etc.) so eye protection and/or full face helmet is a good idea. :whistling:

Track is smaller and technical. Top speeds can approach 90mph+ in a couple sections though. Lots of laps per session makes it a lot of fun.

Hope to see some of you guys and gals there. :)

2JZ Swap - 400+ WHP - Custom Hood - PRP Seats - Cerwin Vega Stereo - AccuAir - Foose Wheels - Hankook Tires - LiteTheNite LED's

Edited once, last by xd675x ().

• Ok guys and gals, less than 24 hours until this event! Weather looks awesome! :thumbup:@Turbosling and the Alpha crew are coming to support the event and will have one of their V8's along to show off. We are doing DEMO rides off track for interested non-Slingshot owners (obviously we are trying to get people interested in buying/pwning <--yeah you read that right 8) ) and will have some availability to do ride along's in our own turbo'd Sling as well as the Alpha crew may do ride alongs. :thumbsup: Hope a few of you can make it out. We'll get pics and video asap. :)

Only $100 for 5hrs of track time!

One more thing - short sleeves may be ok now. Be prepared with something long sleeve just in case, but I just did a track day last week there and wore short sleeves all day with no problems...

2JZ Swap - 400+ WHP - Custom Hood - PRP Seats - Cerwin Vega Stereo - AccuAir - Foose Wheels - Hankook Tires - LiteTheNite LED's

• Perhaps because the Sling is classified as a motorcycle and the instructors are Motorcycle Safety Foundation instructors following MSF instructor guidelines? That would be my guess.

Instructors will are car guys! One of the best drivers/instructors I know will be on site teaching. With his experience and teachings he will make you faster and safer. What he taught me years ago saved my ass at Road America when I put two wheels off the track into the grass on a turn at well over 130 mph