Intake manifold mod for turbos

• Had a bit of time to waste this PM, and the way I had my AEM boost gauge tube and blow off valve tubing setup annoyed me, so I took some spare parts I had laying around and got to work.

I hated to fact that the bottom tube I was using for the BOV was facing the wrong way and had to go into a 180deg bend, so I chopped off the plastic tube coming out of the manifold, and screwed in a brass fitting that let me use the same banjo bolt I have on the BOV to come out of the intake, I like it:

I connected the vaccum tube for the AEM gauge to a connector used for the EVAP sensor, so that it become a quick connect to the manifold, in place of the EVAP, I now have my more usefull boost and vaccum gauge connected:

Vi Engineered Turbo (V-Mount)
    Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    Assault Hub / Steering wheel
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    Cipher Race Seats and 4 point harness
    XO Luxury Verona 20x12 Toyo R888 315/35r20, 19x9.5 Toyo R888 265/35R19
    and more...

• I made it over from the darkside! Thought you would like to know.

Anyways, why use the banjo and brass fitting? Seems easier to me to just tap the inside of it to a 1/4" or 3/8" NPT and run a 90° fitting. Less connections, less of a chance for leaks. That would also leave you the option of running a "T" out of it if you wanted to connect more then one thing to it. Just my opinion though...

• I made it over from the darkside! Thought you would like to know.

Anyways, why use the banjo and brass fitting? Seems easier to me to just tap the inside of it to a 1/4" or 3/8" NPT and run a 90° fitting. Less connections, less of a chance for leaks. That would also leave you the option of running a "T" out of it if you wanted to connect more then one thing to it. Just my opinion though...

The main reason is that the hole left by taking off the plastic tube is too big for the banjo bolt to fit in. The brass fitting fit there perfect and tight. i tested it with my compressor and holds more than 50psi without any leaks.

The other issue which is not apparent on this picture is that there would be a clearance issue with the intake pipe and throttle body installed if the banjo bolt was installed direct to the intake. The banjo would get pushed by the intake bracket.

Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    and more...

• I was talking about getting rid of the banjo completely, if possible. That way there is only one spot that it could possibly leak (where the fitting threads in to the intake). Right now you have 3 possible spots for it to leak. Not saying it will, just saying that there is more of a possibility. It is kinda ugly too haha, but good thing you wont see it!

• Well, might get a full fledged intake manifold, but at least now my hose won't be doing a 180 to get to the BOV.

The bango is sealed to the fitting, that will never leak. The fitting has an inch and a half of thread going into the plastic that I taped with with a taper so I don't think it will move or leak.
    Yeah its ugly but as you mentioned, you wont see it once all the tubes and wires are installed, and its still more efficient than having a hose go a full 180.

Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    and more...

• I agree with that. Better then what was on there before! I like the idea of an aftermarket intake best though.

Yeah, no options for now, FabFactory is making a billet one, but it costs 1,600$us... Ouch...

Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    and more...