My take on Air Wings for cooling and cheaper

• So with my Twist Top, the frame kinda put a limiter on my $65 Goldwing wings I bought and installed for heat reduction. I bought some PIAA tube clamps, but out of the box they were not going to allow me to easily relocate the wings. It took awhile, but it finally came to me and spent some time on my small bench lathe and made some adapters that would work. Added some new tension handles and I think this should be the ticket. The only downside is the right mirror view is partially blocked, but I have the overhead Autozone mirror which I use all the time, so not much of an issue for me. The big plus is scooping that air into the floorboard area cooling down the heat coming thru. It also eliminates some wind and turbulence off the side of my face, handy if it's wet out.

First I made a adapter bushing to allow me to use the brackets that come with the PIAA clamps

Then purchased some 1/4"x20 bolts, nuts, rubber and steel washers, lock washers and new knobs to replace the factory bracket mounting hardware. Assembly shown in order with the wing assembled between the bolt and factory clear washer.

Again using the rubber tool drawer matting to size up the PIAA clamps. Cut to fit and attached with double sided tape.

Assembled and mounted: