Must read for turbo owners or soon to be owners.

• i am reading a book that I think is a must read to anyone who has boosted or is looking to boost their engines:

This book is easy to read, even for greens newbs like me.

Its really a bible as far as basica of turbo charging an engine, lots of details of the effects of different setups, and also, a lot of examples and tests are done on the Ecotec engine. Its really instersting the conclusions of these tests, and contradictory to the limits the vendors of such turbo kits said where "safe" for the LE9...

Again, invest some time and read this book.

Here are some examples of passages I found very enlighting:

Here they talk about the tested limits of the 2.4L cast rods... GM attests that 283 is the very top limit of the rods, read it yourselves:

They go into the details and risks of boosting a N/A engine:

It talks in detail of what are the differences GM did to the turbo engines vs na engines, little details they make the engines reliable:

How does a stock engine deal with added boost:

How GM developed the turbo ecotec:

Details like where to get boost pressure from: (this has been a discussion from many guys here, everyone has their theory of what is good or not, well, here you have it...)

And lots more. Again, highly recommended read.

Vi Engineered Turbo (V-Mount)
    Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    Assault Hub / Steering wheel
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    Cipher Race Seats and 4 point harness
    XO Luxury Verona 20x12 Toyo R888 315/35r20, 19x9.5 Toyo R888 265/35R19
    and more...

Edited once, last by iNewton ().

• Here they talk about the tested limits of the 2.4L cast rods... GM attests that 283 is the very top limit of the rods

I am starting to think I'm the luckiest son of a bitch in the world... but I've been saying that for the last 20 years.

Thank you for all of the great information you've posted here and elsewhere. I hope you get a degree after you are done.

• Thanks for the pointer to this book brother. It is most definitely one of the most thorough tech books I have bought in quite a while. Well worth the $$.

Don't bring a squirt gun to a garden hose fight. :thumbup: