Bugzilla's supercharged destroked 2.4L build

• Well ya for the past couple of days the weather has been pretty good. Good enough I have been driving the Bug to work. But of course, the weather gets good and works gets crazy at the same time. So no dyno yet and I have my race tomorrow. Will shoot for next week if the weather stays nice.

• Apparently 2.4L blocks are machined more then 2.2L blocks at the crank sensor location since 2.4L engines have a smaller reluctor wheel. Had to add a washer and a new sensor and all is good. Learn something new everyday.

• Apparently 2.4L blocks are machined more then 2.2L blocks at the crank sensor location since 2.4L engines have a smaller reluctor wheel. Had to add a washer and a new sensor and all is good. Learn something new everyday.

The 2.4L has to have a smaller diameter reluctor wheel since the stroke on the 2.4L is longer, if you use the same size reluctor wheel as the 2.0L the piston would hit the reluctor wheel when it gets to the bottom of the stroke. You are correct though, the 2.4L block gets machined about .100" more at the crank sensor to get the correct spacing for the sensor off of the reluctor wheel.

• The 2.4L has to have a smaller diameter reluctor wheel since the stroke on the 2.4L is longer, if you use the same size reluctor wheel as the 2.0L the piston would hit the reluctor wheel when it gets to the bottom of the stroke. You are correct though, the 2.4L block gets machined about .100" more at the crank sensor to get the correct spacing for the sensor off of the reluctor wheel.

Yep, just wish I figured that out sooner. I should have caught it during assembly but I put the crank sensor in once the engine was in the car. So I never hand spun the engine with the sensor in. I am actually surprised it lasted about a 125 miles with how bad it was rubbing. Now back to trying to get it on the dyno while the weather is good!