strangely personal and more connected

• We were out in the Shenandoah area yesterday, everytime we stopped, everyone talked to us. Little kids wanted pictures (obliged of course) ladies, older biker dudes, families, employees, you name it. I'm pretty outgoing, but have a hard time engaging strangers (if that makes sense), so the Slingshot helps me as much as it brings excitement and happy to everyone else.

It's cool for sure.

• Absolutely the coolest machine on three wheels! I overstayed my visit to Lowes yesterday (if there is such a thing) after several families had gathered around the Sling. Of course they wanted pictures of the Sling with their kids. That quickly morphed into adults wanting to sit in it as well. Hopefully more Slings will come on the scene this summer in my area.

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Info

• I have had such great conversations over the last 2 1/2 years - along with waves, horn honks, thumbs up, etc. I'm finding it very strange on this trip that people are sort of sneaking looks but not visiting - particularly at scenic overlooks. Perhaps they think the ole lady traveling alone might be nuts! :)

It can also lead to annoying questions - as I think we all know. At a motel the other night, a man asked what my husband thinks of my traveling - why do so many think a woman can't do anything on her own? My generation I suppose.

The Sling is also great for the wonderful (and some not so wonderful) smells - alfalfa fields, pine forests, etc. The last couple of days I've heard birds singing that I wouldn't have heard in a closed vehicle. The first time I actually looked over to see if a bird had landed in the passenger seat!

Last night I talked with my best friend and we were discussing rain and tops. I told her my smart alec answer - if I wanted a top, I should have bought a Miata. She gave me a very smart reply - I wouldn't have had nearly as much fun or as many great friends with a Miata!! Amen to that!!