I am wanting to know if alpha short throw shifter will be any less Notchey than my DDM works

• I'm just wanting to know if switching to the new Alpha short throw shifter will make my transmission any less notchey from 1st to 2nd gear changes for me than my DDM works does now. I have now had the DDM works one for 5000 miles in 90% of the time 1st to 2nd gear change I had that big notche right in the middle of the gear change and it just does not feel right sometimes but then other times it feels completely smooth and normal. It's smooth on all other gear changes so I saw some people said they thought the Alpha was smoother so I thought about buying one or is it just a wasting time and money to try it and just to have it feel no different

• I just read the link very useful but Dave never started a new thread to say what he thought of the difference between the two short shifter kits I think I'm going to just order the alpha direct from Alpha today for $149 with free shipping. I did check those alignment pins on mine to make sure it was installed right in mine. plus I used a red marine grease for my lubrication so it would not go anywhere And stay lubricated and it still looks good after 5000 miles.

• I have only ran the alpha and my experience is that I feel no notchy shifts. Been using it now for about 800 miles and it's smooth and direct. I don't want to say its a stiffer shift than the factory but it does take more force. I credit that to the shorter throw and the shorter alpha handle I installed and not to any design flaw. I actually had to get my left foot to get in sync with the quicker throws. All in all I love it.