Inside look on Alpha turbo kits being built

• Wanted this post to show some of the steps of how we build each kit for the slingshot. Their are 128 parts on a Alpha turbo kit. Here is a glimpse.

Inter-coolers are all hand made and hand welded in house. We buy the core but the pipe and end tank is fabricated in house.
    Short vid on how much fun inter-coolers are to weld
    https://www.facebook.com/AlphaPowersport/videos/1837731609785234/

We picked Precision turbo's because we have used them in the past and have had very good results. I run them on my high HP cars (800+) with great results. They are also fairly close to us and their turbos are made in house so turn around is fast. When a turbo comes in we break it down. The elbow is welded on the compressor housing and the exhaust housing is sent to the CNC to be ported. We port each turbo to control boost creep. After the CNC ports the housing is again hand ported deeper inside where the CNC can not reach. Below is a vid

A critical part of our kit is the throttle body relocation elbow. Their is only 2" from the top of the Tb to the bottom of the hood. A 90* coupler will rub on the hood and anything else made to accommodate the 2" will be smoshed like the OEM pipe. Making power is able to deliver air and deliver air in a smooth flowing way with little as possible turbulence.
    Our elbows are cast out of aluminum. They are then machined in house to accommodate the gasket and tapped for bolts
    Here is a vid:
    https://www.facebook.com/AlphaPowersport/videos/1868784656679929/

Pipes are made fittings are welded in place and raw parts are powder coated and kit is assembled with all parts needed for install.

But before any of this took place a prototype kit was made and on the dyno to test test test.

• This is really cool... I'm seeing a quarter of a million dollars worth of turbo kits in these pictures. As a supply chain guy I can't image a you're not expecting at least four turns a year making your turbo operation just for the slingshot a seven figure sales goal annually.

I still want to Henry when I grow up...

#02828 January 2015 build date.
    Here to assist anyone in the Denver area.

• This is really cool... I'm seeing a quarter of a million dollars worth of turbo kits in these pictures. As a supply chain guy I can't image a you're not expecting at least four turns a year making your turbo operation just for the slingshot a seven figure sales goal annually.

I still want to Henry when I grow up...

Well, I can tell you this Jonathon (and I am a perfectionist to the annoyance of many): If my SS fell off a cliff tonight, I would buy another one and do exactly the same mods I have done. How many products do we buy where we say "Oh, if I could do things over I would change this and that"? I don't feel that way with one single Alpha mod I have done. I'd do exactly what I did in round one.

Don't bring a squirt gun to a garden hose fight. :thumbup:

• Well, I can tell you this Jonathon (and I am a perfectionist to the annoyance of many): If my SS fell off a cliff tonight, I would buy another one and do exactly the same mods I have done. How many products do we buy where we say "Oh, if I could do things over I would change this and that"? I don't feel that way with one single Alpha mod I have done. I'd do exactly what I did in round one.

absolutely agree. And Alpha has certainly earned every bit of loyalty and profit by supporting its customers an listening to the market. My comments are nothing but kudos to a small business who listened to its customers and is being rewarded with the successes that only come with hard work and dedication to their customers.

And I've got my $$$ ready for the right supercharger as soon as it's available.

#02828 January 2015 build date.
    Here to assist anyone in the Denver area.

• I'll be at SSITR on Saturday the 3rd. Once you ride in an Alpha Turbo, you might reconsider the supercharger. Especially since you live where I do. Our altitude loves turbos a lot more than superchargers. Just sayin'.

Don't bring a squirt gun to a garden hose fight. :thumbup: