car splitter or 1/4 which is better 5/16

• 1/4" for aluminum, 5/16 or thicker for ABS. I've seen a couple of the DDM plastic splitters that have been chewed up badly and fallen off. I believe theirs are 1/4". Could be wrong though.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• I have an extension hood...it makes it lower to the front end!!! I was wondering about some HDPE? Can I use this? 1/4 inch?

Always Remember...You can drive it like you want to drive it tomorrow! 8)

:HEADERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS::ROTORSS:

• I have an extension hood...it makes it lower to the front end!!! I was wondering about some HDPE? Can I use this? 1/4 inch?

HDPE would work fine and is somewhat light weight. 1/4" or thicker should be fine. I think Metricks and one of the custom shops in Florida use white HDPE for the their ground effects kit for the Slingshot.

Oh, also Kyle D and ZZP make an adjustable hood extension kit. That's what I'm running and it has a fine tune adjustment to keep the hood from hitting the front splitter when fully opened.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• I like the look of the hood open with xtension kit....i was thinking about that "fine tune adustment"...considering that one. I can make it front lip longer.

• How thick is the alum? I think it is 1/8"...:/

Yes, with 1/8" you will need the support bars or the front will flex so much at highway speeds that it will make contact with the road. If you don't want support bars like in my picture then you would need to go thicker.

• I bought some abs 1/4...layed out design on SS...have 2 week for delivery for abs. I guess I will making mounts. Stainless.