Everything bigger in Texas

• In Jersey wife and I paid $250K for our house back in 2005. Immediately sunk over 100K into it. We could probably sell for $300K or a bit more. Our property taxes are over $6k a year. Thats very low in jersey! Initially fuel taxes were low and gas was cheap. Low fuel prices were considered a tradeoff for high property taxes. That all changed making fuel taxes a target because after all it was low compared to other states. Now they're both high.

Thats how it works. Wait till they phase out the combustion engine. Utilities will skyrocket.

• When I was stationed in Maryland I bought a new can and paid sales tax on it. 4 years later I was transferred to Norfolk, Va and had to pay them sales tax on the full value of the car when I bought it. Four years later I again was transferred back to Maryland and just had to pay the sales tax on the book value at the time. Lots of taxes at the time in Maryland. You pay state tax then you pay 50% of that to county tax, and if you live in one of the big cities you pay City tax. I was glad to get to Fl. I do complain that I could never sell my house for what they say the tax value is.

If the music is to loud you are to old.